• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone been through Luton and Dunstable hospital

fairyringuk

free your spirit
Just wondered it anyone has had their op at L&D with Mr Jaine
Would love to hear from you :)
I know alot of the patients at L&D come from far and wide so please let me know

Love n hugs Jay xx

Hiya

Ive had my bypass with mr jain, and it was fantastic i was well looked after before and after.

So far ive lost just over 9 stone.
You have the options aswell to goto the follow up meetings that help you through the stages pre and post operation.

If there are any questions please give me a shout

Hi Frosty great to hear from you and that you were happy with your op and care You have done amazingly well What weight were you when you started?
What ward do they use there for the Gastric Weight ops

Love n hugs Jay x

Hi again

I was about 26 stone to start with but they got me down to about 24 or just over before the bypass.

As for the ward i cant remember which one it was but its one of th eones right above the research center.

when you come out from the operation you get a 1 on 1 care for 24 hours which is great and your cared for so well.

when your in the main ward you have bed side tv and phone and internet so you wont get bored , so allround i was very happy and only stayed in 3 and a bit days.

Mr jain is one of the best doctors ive seen . very caring and understands what your going through.

After my operation he mentioned to me about loose skin removal and said that if i wont to go for it he has a good freind who does it and will even help fill out all the request form to get it done. so he goes the full way to help.

when you see him next tell him i said hello and that very happy as ive not seen him now for 9 months :D:D:D as all has been great

if there are any other questions just ask ill try and answer if i can

Thanks so much for all the info Frosty it really helps to hear positive comments
Are you bothered with dumping or are you able to eat most things in moderation
That is one of the main concerns I have is that I will miss never being able to have anything naughty like ice cream if at the sea side or some crisps or some chocolate have you found that a problem??
Sorry to be a nuisance but you must have gone through most of the likely problems in the time you have had it done
Thanks in advance Jay xx

Hi jay

Dumping is no problem at all you will find you dump on one thing sweet but not on another. With me ice cream is fine and it is in the L&D menu for after a bypass.
as for chocolate i can have it but i feel a little funny after but depend on how much i have.

But the inportant thing is after the bypass your taste changes so you will find you dont really want alot of sweet stuff.

I eat alot of sugar free ice pops i find them refreshing with a twist of sweet.

You will find your foods you can eat and you will be fine. But the important thing is the weight loss that will outwiegh anything you fancy and it goes fast.

shout me if you have anymore questions , its a pleasure to help out

Back