• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Luton & Dunstable

NickiB

Has anyone had their surgeries done at the Luton & Dunstable Hospital, I am interested in their procedures and waiting times from assessment, liquid diet and surgery. Really really excited I've been halfway through the procedure before so am hoping they will take pity on me and get me seen quicker...:D

hi nikkib, a few of us are from l&d hospital and have written diaries. you can check them out, if you put l&d into the search. good luck x

Thank you :) was starting to think I was the only one. x

Hello.
I had my bypass at l&d also. I am 5 weeks out from op tomorrow (tuesday) and am getting on really well, and have also lost 3 stone in 7 weeks (including my pre op diet).
Best of luck xxx

wow that's fantastic! well done. I am impatient and want it done tomorrow lol Could anyone tell me about the procedure, I have done the whole day assessment once about 18mths ago and have done what they asked, would it be quicker 2nd time round? What happens next after that day appointment. I never got as far as the surgeon do I see him that day or another, what's the timeframe between visits. Sorry lots of questions. Thank you :)

Hi NikiB
I had my Gastric bypass at the Luton and Dunstable on the 21st September 2011, 4 week ago tomorrow. I was very apprehensive in the weeks leading up to my surgery. i wish i had found this forum before then as reading posts would have helped me a great deal. I have nothing but praise for Mr Jain and his fantastic team. I was also very impressed with the care I was given by the nursing staff for the three days i was in the Hospital after my operation. Since my surgery i have lost 28lb's, unbelivable. I am a type 2 insulin dependent diabetic but since the operation I have not needed insulin, I have also been able to cut my metforimin tablets down by half. I no long take the Gliclazide tablets. I feel so much better both physically and mentally. Look forward to your procedure, I am sure you will soon realize the positive improvment to your life.

I never did the whole day meeting, Im not sure they do that now.

My journey took about 8 months, from the initial contact to the actual operation.

First Meeting : Meet the nurse, and they just go through the procedures available.

Second Meeting: (Approx 3 Months) You get put on the milk diet, mine was 4 pints of semi skimmed milk, 1 sugar free jelly and one oxo cube and one multi vitamin tablet a day.

Third Meeting: Refeed Diet, 2 x 200 cal snacks, 2 pints of semi skimmed milk and 1 x 400 cal meal a day.

Forth Meeting: Meet the surgeon, and you get your date for surgery.

I think thats right, but the whole process takes about 8 months.

That makes things clearer the last time I was there was 18 mths ago. Thank you ever so much :)

Back