• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS and Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Jane_57

Hi
I am new to these forums and need some advice.
I am waiting for my 1st appointment at the Luton Hospital. I have had a letter via my Gp saying that I meet the criteria to be banded on the NHS. The doctors have faxed my proforma back twice due to them not recieving the 1st one.
I am now waiting to see if I am granted an appointment. Even though I live in Essex I am having to go the Luton and Dunstable not that I mind just very gratefull.
How long does it take roughly before I hear anything else please. Plus what is the normal waiting time from start to finish.
Thankyou kindly people for reading.

hiya,

the pct approved me for funding about 3 months after applying. i then had to wait about a fortnight before i received my letter for my appointment which was about 3 months later again. at that appointment they said i was about 6 months away from surgery. this was all at the L&D by the way so hopefully its all similar timings for you!

Sxx

I was refferred for assessment at Luton and Dunstable 13th May, I phoned today to be told my appt was in the post and that it is in August. They then said the op should be done within 18 weeks

Deb

If I rang them wouldd they tell me if I have been granted an appointment. I don't want to sound as though i am being a pest?

hi Jane

I live in Oxfordshire, where are you?

I rang monday, they said appt is in post, looks like August to see the surgeon.

They were really nice and helpful, give them a call

deb

Hi Deb
I live in Essex.
I took the plunge and rang today. Was an answering machine. I asked whether they would call me back.
I don't like to think I am pestering them.

Back