• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone been to Le Havre France?

Doots75

Hello! A little introduction... I'm 41 years old and weigh over 18 stone. I've been overweight my entire life. I'm now getting back pain, knee pain and feet pain, hot sweaty all the time and always tired. Enough!
My question is this, I've been talking with Tullia from Hôpital Jacques Monon in Le Havre France. Dr Bernard Bokobza is the surgeon. Has anyone been there?
Tullia is rather pushy and I feel it's strange they can set a date for surgery for me without having met me.
I spoke to her today and she says I can have surgery in 3 weeks! Shouldn't there be some prep beforehand?
Big question is, do I have band requiring support every 6 weeks or mini bypass which is more evasive but requires no follow up support?
Any feedback would be so helpful!
Thank you

Hello and welcome!

I don't recall anyone mentioning going to France for surgery but a pushy Tullia rings a bell.....

Anyway, we can't advise you which surgery to have or which surgeon to use but what we can offer is support and tell you our experience.

Tullia is being pushy because she wants to make a sale, don't let anyone push you into doing anything your not sure of.

The band will need ongoing support so if you're having it fitted abroard you need to cosnider how the aftercare will work for you?4

I have no experience personally of the mini bypass but ALL surgery requires some form of follow up or support. Whether it be band fills, dietician advice, blood tests, vitamin and mineral prescription etc etc. Then there's the physcological issues associated with your issues with food, which will still be there post op. The list goes on.

I would advise you to do more research on the procedures, the surgeons and then make an informed decsion thats right for you!

Good luck :)

Hi and welcome. Please don't let anyone push you into making a decision you have not fully researched. Take your time. Read other people's diaries, ask any questions you want. We are always happy to help. Having a band abroad can be tricky especially when it comes to fills but again you can always find a provider who is willing to do the fills Pvt. Research on the sleeve and mini bypass. It's a decision that only you can make when you are ready. Good luck.

Not having met you is normal for overseas surgery, you'll have all of the necessary pro-op tests when you arrive (this is what happened when I had my sleeve in the Czech republic) but as has been said don't let them push you into anything, make sure that you are happy with the surgery and provider first

Back