• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone gone from band to bypass please??

misshell

Hi there, im having my band to bypass surgery on the 27th August :D but i am getting really worried as i have read about a few people who have had this surgery and they have experienced little weight loss because of the band that was in :sigh:

My surgeon did say that where they do the staple line for the baypass is exactly where the band sits :confused: so he will have to do it a little lower down (meaning a slightly larger pouch) :confused:

He also said that due to scarring from the band it might not be possible and he may need to do a duodenal switch :eek: god now im really worried.

For those of you that have had this surgery did you have your band taken out weeks before surgery? or did you have it taken out and then the bypass at the same time, i have had my band de-flated by the surgeon 6 weeks ago and im having it removed and bypass at the same time.

Any experiences/information etc would be very gratefuly received.

Hi sorry I only had a sleeve but their are a few people on here who have had a revision liz being one, she runs the Sunderland support group and has done well :) good luck in your upcoming surgery x

Hi sorry I only had a sleeve but their are a few people on here who have had a revision liz being one, she runs the Sunderland support group and has done well :) good luck in your upcoming surgery x

Thankyou hun xxx :D

Hi
I'm three weeks post surgery, band was taken out and bypass done, also had a hiatus hernia repair all at same time. Feeling good now and back at work. I have lost 3 stone including my pre op diet so don't think that is slow. I can't say much more as it's still early days but will try and answer any other questions if I can. There are a few others on here who have had the conversion do I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell you how they are getting on.

Hi
I'm three weeks post surgery, band was taken out and bypass done, also had a hiatus hernia repair all at same time. Feeling good now and back at work. I have lost 3 stone including my pre op diet so don't think that is slow. I can't say much more as it's still early days but will try and answer any other questions if I can. There are a few others on here who have had the conversion do I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell you how they are getting on.

Hi thankyou, how long did your surgery take dottydalmation? i know it will take longer than than a "normal" bypass?

They hadn't expected the hernia and my old band had slipped just to add to the problem so all with running repairs as required it all took 6 hours, my poor husband kept ringing eventually they said they'd ring him! But he said they were very reassuring. When I spoke to surgeon he said calmly it was nothing he couldn't handle, although it went on longer than he had expected. I was up on my feet within 3 hours for a wee and able to sit out of bed next day. I' m not sure what normal time would be my husband was told to ring after 3 and I went down at 1.30 so maybe 3 hours would be more normal.

Hi , i had a band to bypass last September, my band had been deflated for over a year due to slippage. I had the operation in one procedure and a fast recovery . I have lost 8 and a 1/2 stone in 10 months and find life so much easier with the bypass than with the band. Please dont worry , as with all WLS this is a tool and you have to work with it and commit to the rules but i love my bypass far more than i ever loved my band. If you need any other info , feel free to contact me and ask.

Dee

Hi misshell, I had my band out 3 weeks ago and having my bypass on Monday so can't really help you. I did ask my surgeon if he would do it all together but he wouldn't. Good luck on your surgery xxx

Look for Two bandsLiz she had two bands then a bypass,har hubby was bypassed too!

I am in the middle had band took out last year and waiting for bypass
I have spoken to my surgeon he says the risks are slightly higher but results are good and I feel it's worth it
I could not do it at the time as my band cut into my stomach wall so good luck with yours and please keep me posted
Mark

Thanks everybody for your input :D

I guess everybody is different and so is every surgeon, my initial thoughts were that they would take out the band then let it heal and then do the bypass but hey ho he must know what he is doing :confused:

I am feeling really positive though :) and the main thing is that they can complete the surgery as planned and it all goes without a hitch. I will let you know :D

Back