• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had surgery at spire sourhampton?

lynnepoth

Hi I started tier 3 last May finished end of October lost no weight maintained but had ongoing hiatus hernia problems and wasn't seen for that till after tier 3 finished! I was told to go back to doctor to ask for surgery in December once final report been done! I saw doctor and she sent referral letter on 8th December on Tuesday evening spire called and I am meeting the surgeon next Thursday and the anaesthetist, nurse and dietician the following week! Been so quick! Would be nice to talk to anyone who is or who has had their surgery at spire Southampton Lynne x ?

Hi Lynne

I had my bypass on the 8th of January I first saw them all on 18th December so it was really quick for me. All I can say about everyone on Southampton spire is they are all wonderful people my Consultant was so nice took time to explain everything. If there's anything you want yo ask please do.

Woohoo turns out that was pre assessment! Surgery in about 3 weeks! Got to lose 1.5 stone to shrink liver! It's happening good bye fat me!

Hi Lynne I had my bypass on the 8th of January I first saw them all on 18th December so it was really quick for me. All I can say about everyone on Southampton spire is they are all wonderful people my Consultant was so nice took time to explain everything. If there's anything you want yo ask please do.

Jo Jo who was your consultant?

That is who I am having! How are you doing? Nice finding people who have had the same as me by the same people! Do you mind me asking how it all went if you have any issues?

I'm doing ok had one rough day since I came home. I'm sore, tired and tummy was swollen but that's going down. Weight is falling off. When do you have yours or have you had it?

I'm doing ok had one rough day since I came home. I'm sore, tired and tummy was swollen but that's going down. Weight is falling off. When do you have yours or have you had it?

Hi Jo Jo

Glad you are doing well! I saw them a Thursday and told 5th or 12th feb waiting for confirmation. Of which thursday! I am having bypass I am really worried as the anaesthetist said he will wake me in theatre before they take tube out and thistles me gag! Also I wi have to move myself into different bed then once back to room they put you straight into a chair!

What did you have done and do you mind me asking sw? Did you get woken in theatre etc?

Lynne

Hi Lynne

I had the Bypass and yes everything you said does happen but I don't remember any of it so don't worry. I was very worried just like you and you really don't remember it. I've lost 1stone 2lbs since my op. I won't lie you are uncomfortable after wards but it's does get better.

Jo

Wow that's amazing! Do you mind me asking what start weight you were? I hope I don't remember that is freaking me out more than the surgery! Were you home on the Saturday?

I'm still on liquid stage it's ok but I have to say it would be nice to eat something rather drink it all the time. You don't feel hungry at all. Going on to purée food this coming weekend that will be fun just take it slow there's no rush . The Liver pre op diet was ok I did the food one not the milk as I'm not a love of milk . Just do what they tell you.

It's going well had stitches out Monday a little sore Monday and Tuesday. Lots of walking is happening just starting to sleep better as well. Looking forward to going on to purée food at weekend. Still get very tired. How are you getting on?

Well op confirmed as 12th feb so been following liver shrinking diet! Early I know but need to get head in right mind set! Glad all going well for! Have you lost much weight so far? Do you work? How long did they tell you before you return?

Hey Lynn I had bypass at spire back in Oct - Mr Van Den Bossche was my surgeon and he is brilliant. Could not fault the care and attention I got from the staff there - am now 2.5 stone lighter with no regrets. Happy to answer any questions I can - you go girl

Hey Lynn I had bypass at spire back in Oct - Mr Van Den Bossche was my surgeon and he is brilliant. Could not fault the care and attention I got from the staff there - am now 2.5 stone lighter with no regrets. Happy to answer any questions I can - you go girl

Thank you! Were you private or nhs? I am getting really nervous now! What weight were you at start?

Hi Lynn

Great news you have your date. Yes I work I'm signed off for 4 weeks will be starting my 3rd week from Monday. In 10 days I've lost a 1 stone 4lbs really happy. I also have my 6 week follow up for 19th Feb. good luck let us know how you get on.

Jo

I was private - started at 16.4 stone am now 13.7 - only lost 7lbs on pre op diet. All went well - pre op nerves totally normal x

Back