• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consultant appointment Sunderland

Gemma Harrison

Hi all ....
I've just finished tier 3... and I'm now 11 month in from Doctor referral...
I have an appointment on the 4th may with consultant ... can anyone tell me what this appointment is for and what will happen ???
I don't have any involvement from anyone else as I didn't need to see psychologist or have any health issues.
Thanks for reading xxxx

Hi all ....
I've just finished tier 3... and I'm now 11 month in from Doctor referral...
I have an appointment on the 4th may with consultant ... can anyone tell me what this appointment is for and what will happen ???
I don't have any involvement from anyone else as I didn't need to see psychologist or have any health issues.
Thanks for reading xxxx
Hi,
I think its to discuss if he thinks surgery is best option and which type of surgery he would recommend.
It all sounds quite positive. You are so nearly there x

I met the consultant and he looked through everything and decided if weight loss target had been met sufficiently. He then went through surgery options and we discussed what was best. I got a gastroscopy appointment there and then (Sunderland always do gastroscopy) it was for 6/8wks later, I was immediately put on the surgery waiting list after my gastroscopy. I got a call from Mr. Smalls secretary with my surgery date about 3 months later (May 25th eeek!)
So from consultant to surgery it will be about 6 months x

Back