• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had this before???

BlueDiamond

In the last two weeks I have been getting a lot hip pain (24/7) I Have had shooting pains in my groin area as well (that has subsided now) and I cannot lift my leg hardly and when I do lift it too much I get major major pain in my left leg and hip, pain meds dont touch the sides and I do have an appointment with the docs tomorrow evening....... but I probably just get sent for an x ray which takes 4-8 weeks to get as they dont take appointments over the fone no more u have to go to the hospital to make the appointment and then ya have to go back for the x ray ...Silly I know but thats the way it is done in this hospital....My question is has anyone else had this kind of problem and what was the result for them,, I know no -one is medically qualified to say what my problem is but I would appreciate any input/advice etc.

Kind regards - MeJulie xx

I guess all you can do is wait to see what the medical world has to say.

Try not to worry about it yet, just get doctor to supply you with more adequate pain control. :)

Hope it gets better soon xxx

Hope you can get to the bottom of this... that's what is needed... you can speculate about symptoms until the cows come home, but I would certainly suggest that you get it medically diagnosed and sort the best way of dealing with it from there.... good luck precious.

Love and hugs xxx

I have arthritis in my hips so I get pain anyway so I cant really help, just wanted to say I hope it eases off for you and you get to the bottom of it :D XX

***caution...i mention my sex life in this reply!!! ***

I never suffered hip/pelvis problems pre-op but post-op it is an issue. If I swivel in my seat too quickly I get a horrible pain in my hips and pelvis. When I move around sometimes you hear deep clicks from my hips and it hurts. The range of motion I have in my hips/pelvis is more restricted now, I cant do a straddle motion so well now, which is really annoying!!
Excuse me for using this as an example but my new favourite sex position is on top but I have to have hubby with his legs tight closed to be comfy, if they open at all my thighs and pelvis a moved a few millimeters and that tiny alteration can cause intense and unbearable pain, these things never happened pre-op.
I was considering asking my GP to refer me to a physio or something if it doesnt improve.
So I do feel your pain totally, I think with me it could be my frame readjusting to a lighter frame and there being less fat to kill sensation, Im not sure, I just know it hurts!
Steph xx

I have the exact same pain but right sided.does your leg feel weak too and cant lift it to put knicks/pants on?Do you find going upstairs you cant go first with the bad leg?Cant stand long at sink or ironing?Walk far without it killing?Any lower back discomfort?I have all the above,went to see a muscular skeletal guy who said its related to lower lumber trouble,it gives referred pain to hip/groin.Osteoarthritis is what it probably is or a slipped disc.The pain can be horrendous and lasts for days or weeks at a time.He advised to lose weight and gentle exersize!Well im still waiting for bypass surgery so will keep taking the pills for now.I take anti inflammatory Diclofenac and cocodomol.

hope you get it sorted soon, maybe your legs are more pliable now but you haven.t realised so they hurt a bit from over stretching??? just a suggestion sorry can,t suggest anything better xx

Julie, I had a pain similar to this very occasionally over the past few years but a month or so ago had it so severly that I could barely put any pressure on the leg.
I have been going to a sports therapist who is pretty amazing and has been manipulating/massaging my lower back/hip/leg. At the time, the pain can be hard to bear but he also taught me stretching exercises and this has helped a lot.
He has said that the pain is caused mainly by what the doctors may say is sciatica but is a bit more complicated. (slight scoliosis of the spine etc. - years of carrying too much weight then the release of it) He says it is the most commonly misdiagnosed type of back pain and that many people end up getting ops they dont need.
If you don't have any luck with the doc then seeking out a qualified sports therapist may be the answer, even if its just to be taught how to stretch the area safely.
On a side note, best ask your doc about pain meds as a lot of anti-inflam drugs can't be used after bypass.
Good Luck.

Last edited:
Thanks e1 - turns out it was sciatica, leg/back was a little better today till I decided to go for a walk ( about 15 mins in total) and it started up again, so been indoors for the rest of the day resting it... Only thing that seems to work is rest. Thanks once again guys xx

Back