• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

wga

julieann

can anyone who had a band with wga please tell me the procedure for discharge after the post op x ray. The letter that i got in my pack when i left the hospital gave me an appointment for the x ray and it says that i should then get an appointment to see the surgeon for discharge, but as of yet i dont have that appointment. Does anyone know if this is correct procedure.:)

:sigh:wga ? WHY GO ABROAD !is the 1 with no after care ?

can anyone who had a band with wga please tell me the procedure for discharge after the post op x ray. The letter that i got in my pack when i left the hospital gave me an appointment for the x ray and it says that i should then get an appointment to see the surgeon for discharge, but as of yet i dont have that appointment. Does anyone know if this is correct procedure.:)

Hiya
I had the band fitted with WGA, I had the xray done roughly 4 weeks after my surgery and then went to see the surgeon 2 weeks after that for the discharge appointment. Once you see the surgeon and he makes sure the band is in place and is happy with everything, he discharges you and then you are on your own. Luckily enough for me I had been referred to an NHS obesity clinic for about a year before my surgery. The NHS wouldnt fund my band as I did not meet the local NICE criteria, so I had it done privately. However the obesity clinic still see me and so I have a form of aftercare there. The procedures you are following at the moment do seem to be correct for that package.
regards

MyNewLife:)

Back