• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone having op, this week at Queen Alexandra portsmouth

I'm not having this week but I'm waiting for my date at QA which apparently is delayed due to many cancellations.

Just want to wish you Good luck with op and please let us know how it goes. :)

Did you know theirs a WLS support group this Thursday at the holiday inn express Gunwharf keys at 1930 . For people who had surgery or in the process . I been going since I had mine in QA nov 2013 . It's been a life saver helpful hint tips and advice form people who been their got the shirt . Wish I gone before my RYN but I was too poorly . Any way best of luck to you and really hope all goes well

Hi just seen your post when do these support groups take place I had my bypass done at Qa in December just wondering if it was once a month ? Thanks! Xx

Thanks for replys

Hi there

Well surgery went well, i paid at the Qa private suite and had Mr shaw Somers
surgery took 4 and half hours due to previous stomach surgerys and complications,
I think the worst thing about the op was walking yourself into theatre and all the people walking around you doing all they have to do and the theatre lights above your bed, but all staff very professional and caring, best feeling was getting an injection of proprofol before they send you off to sleep you really did not care about anything after that it was amazing, any ways went down for op at 8.15 and back on private ward at 3.30, and outside for a walk and a cheeky fag by 4.45, no real pain afterwards just knew it was best to get going, staff were amazing on the ward could not speak highly enough of the ward nurses, I think the bariatric nurses there need a bit more training and understanding, i was told i had to eat some yogurt and milk day 2, with her full well knowing that i am alergic to milks, spent most of time wandering the hospital having a few coffees at costa, black with sweetner, i literally never slept except in the operating theatre, the beds on the private suite are terrible and thin and gave me a real back ache, but all in all not a bad experience, i know i will have issues with getting the right protein in but here goes anyways, i have lost about 13 lbs since Tuesday this week which is quite alot, feel abit weak, but managing to drink plenty , oh by the way the only reasons why i chose QA Private was that i had Shaw somers as surgeon got the date i wanted and all the moneys paid to the private wing were reinvested back into the main hospital, and if something were to go wrong in the theatre then they have an amazing ICU, something you do not get in alot of private hospitals, so good luck to all and i will keep you posted,

hello, I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I hope you still pain free. now you just have to count down the pounds :)

I'm a bit curious, you didn't have your surgery through nhs , right? even if you have through nhs can you still opt for a private room? I mean can you pay just for the room?

Hi There

Many thanks for reply,

I paid for private surgery so not done on nhs, 10,000

But i do believe some nhs patients get put onto the private ward, there
was certainly at least 1 nhs patient in a side room, i do believe you can pay
for a bedroom on the private ward and still have nhs surgery, might be a way to get your consultant to do the op quicker and would guarantee that your surgery would not be postponed due to lack of beds, i actually met your consultant on the ward at my pre op, he looks really young or made me feel quite old, but do believe he is very skilled from what i hear,

Hi,

sorry not seeing your reply before, that is great news really I will deff opt for private room if I can, I will call the secretary today to ask what I have to do. I don't know if you are allowed to jump the queue because you can pay for a bed but I hope I can have the surgery sooner. I will ask that too. How many nights did you had to pay?

And how are you feeling now still no pain? Do you feel any difference when drinking? You said you were walking most of the time don't you feel weak after surgery? Sorry if these are dumb questions...

Hi,

sorry not seeing your reply before, that is great news really I will deff opt for private room if I can, I will call the secretary today to ask what I have to do. I don't know if you are allowed to jump the queue because you can pay for a bed but I hope I can have the surgery sooner. I will ask that too. How many nights did you had to pay?

And how are you feeling now still no pain? Do you feel any difference when drinking? You said you were walking most of the time don't you feel weak after surgery? Sorry if these are dumb questions...
HI Feel very weak, now 6 days out and lost 2 stone 2lb, not really situation for making you feel to great,
i paid for complete package so how ever long i was in hospital was covered under package,
keeping all fluids down very well, the occasional feeling of tightness,

abit worried about the weight loss really as when in hospital my Bmi was 40.2 but six days out its 36, so really at this rate will be at goal by end of puree food, i know its a good thing to do but truthfully wished i had a band
x

Back