• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

another hoop jumped through!!

incasmum

Hi, today I love my doctor!
I finished the 12 week weight management program this week, having lost 3 st 10lbs during that time. I had made an appointment to see my doctor next week to ask for referral for surgery now ive done the 12 weeks that everyone here has to do. This morning I got a letter from my doctor to tell me he had read the report from the weight management doctor and he has now referred me to see the surgeon team at Queen Alexandra Hospital!!! I know this means another wait, but its another step on the journey and really made my day today :)
Now I need to keep my head, keep losing and try to keep patient.

Good luck to all on the journey

Well done you!!! And what a fantastic weight loss!!! Hope all goes well for you...... Keep positive and strong xxxx

Hi Thanks for the good wishes x

I had to attend the clinic once a fortnight for 3 months. Each time I met with someone different either a dietician, psychologist or exercise therapist to discuss diet, lifestyle etc and be weighed. I also attended 2 group sessions and im now booked on 3 surgery prep group sessions while I wait to see the surgeons.

wow great loss congrats and good luck for the rest of your journey

quick update

I received a letter from the hospital today with a date to see the consultant and dietician on 4th April...14 months since I first asked my GP about surgery...god doesnt this test your patience?

Back