• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone know about Ectopic heartbeat's ?

brett30

keep smiling
well !!!

i went and had my cpx test today on the cycle ... what a test !!! all the wires was unreal ..

i had ECG attached a vest that was like a life jacket .. a belt around my chest checking something else .. i huge rubber mask in my face and i had to cycle ...

i was soaked in sweat... was tiring.

and i found out i have these Ectopic heartbeat's well 5 a time they called for the Doc to come see me and check them out i couldn't question him cause i had rubber mask on my face strapped to my head ..

i had normal rate then i had 5 beats .. then 3 .. then normal for a while and few beats ... and normal and again .. this was before i exercised !!

but when i started they went away ??

anyone know anything about this I'm freaked a little ... :mad::mad::cry:

hi brett
These are extra heartbeats and are very common and are quite normal. They may be made worse if you consume caffeine and are most noticeable when resting. Ectopic beats are not usually dangerous and don't damage the heart.
if they are concerned they will do futher tests but on the whole they are normal
hth
try not to worry
carole

hi brett
These are extra heartbeats and are very common and are quite normal. They may be made worse if you consume caffeine and are most noticeable when resting. Ectopic beats are not usually dangerous and don't damage the heart.
if they are concerned they will do futher tests but on the whole they are normal
hth
try not to worry
carole

can u be operated on with this problem ? like put under ?

yes my understanding of the reason for the testing is so they can get a base line reading so they know what is normal for you. the fact that it stopped when the heart was under stress is a good thing. I used to be a school matron and one of the pupils had ectopic heart beats and had to have several surgeries due to having chrons desiese. But everyone is treated on their own merits.
what did they say before you left the clinic.
take care
carole

thank u so much lol ... i now feel at so much ease .. never said anything just said all results will be past on to surgeon .. and i see him this monday .. they where pretty relaxed at the end but first of all they had everyone in the room looking at my ecg ... thankyou hun xx

Yep i got one:) pluss mine beats irregularly very noticeable at times .

nothing much to worry about my gp just likes to keep tabs, and i have had my op with it .its actually quite common well the ectopic bit not my irregular beat. thats just me and my quirkiness at its best ;)

thanks hun .... yea they said my is kinda irregular cause its beats twice as normal then 5 times ... then twice then 3 times ... and then twice as normal for a while .... then it comes back ...

so thankfully nothing to worry about ... xx

Hi Brett, I can't help with the Ectopic heartbeat's but, didn't want to read & Run, I am pleased its nothing to worry about and just think, Now youv'e had this test your another step closer till your big day, Whoop!! Good luck with your Op and Hope you have a very speedy recovery! x

Back