• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone on here have the gastric balloon??

Francesca1973

Hello
On October 13th I got the gastric balloon procedure done I am still eating yogurt, jello, soup and anything liquid.
I can start eating real food on Thursday and I can finally start exercising I can't wait to get SKINNY!!! :)

Hi and welcome their is a couple of people who have had the balloon procedure I'm sure they will be on soon. How are you liking the balloon and how much have you lost? X

Hi there
I actually lost 9 pounds ore balloon due to the "clear liquid diet" I lost another 4 pounds after 5 days however I have been feeling kinda yucky so I haven't weighed myself since I will however weigh myself this Thursday at the 2 week point.
I'm hungry though I can't wait to start eating healthy :) I'm tired of soup but I don't think my tummy is ready I can't even tolerate chicken in my soup, so I see how this works when something doesn't agree it cones out! lol
But I'm positive and Happy I waited a year for this.

Hi Francesca - good luck with the balloon and congrats on your weight loss so far. I'm waiting for one through Sunderland Hospital - hopefully around Christmas or in the New Year.

Hope you dont mind me asking, but what were you like after the procedure - did you get much nausea/retching? Did you have a sedative or did they use a spray?

novamay said:
Hi Francesca - good luck with the balloon and congrats on your weight loss so far. I'm waiting for one through Sunderland Hospital - hopefully around Christmas or in the New Year.

Hope you dont mind me asking, but what were you like after the procedure - did you get much nausea/retching? Did you have a sedative or did they use a spray?

Hi there
Thanx for the luck. :)
I actually was put to sleep.
After the procedure well........ I dont want to sound negative and everybody is different but for me it was "pure hell"
I was very very sick so bad that I wanted them to take it out!!!
However it's like having a baby after it's over you forget about what you just went through,and actually it's good because it makes you think about what you went through before you put bad foods in your body like "cake". lol
Where do you live? I just wonder why you have to wait for one?
tty soon

I'm hoping I can be put into a coma for the first week and just sleep through it I hate being sick...

and it'll be the first time I've ever had to stay in hospital (only ever been a visitor before!) Also, never had a baby - that kinda passed me by because of my weight and general inability to attract a mate until later years - so I guess I'm in for a surprise! I've been told that they'll send me home with anti-sickness meds.

I'm being funded by NHS - Sunderland have a waiting list for the balloon around 3 months. I'm in Stockton but they don't do gastric surgery in Teesside (yet) so everyone goes to Sunderland.

Hi
Well I live in Canada and we have no funding for the balloon, I believe the gastric bypass surgery is free covered by OHIP however my procedure was very expensive, so good for you that u got funding way to go!
Please dont feel discouraged I started eating food this week and I feel good by next week I will be ready to workout.
Also I have already lost 24 pounds since pre procedure ( liquid diet) ugh!
It sucked to be sick I won't lie to you but I'm already over it, I think everyone hates being sick.
You will do great, again everyone is different u might not even get sick.
1 tip u can talk to your dr about they said u could take a gravel suppository the morning of procedure, I wasn't told ahead so perhaps that would have helped me, ask them about it.
Just trying to help, hope I did :)

Ps. Anti sick meds did NOTHING for me.
My girlfriend who was taking care of me asked for something better they gave me perks. And lorazepam and let me tell you I was a new girl after that I could walk and get out of bed. So that is something you might want to discuss with your Dr as well.

oh no... I know someone who takes Lorazepan and she hallucinates on it and has weirdest dreams.... I'll probably settle for some paracetamol.

Lorazepam would be a very strange drug to give as an anti emetic as it's an anti convulsant and a strong one at that!

Tatiana

Well believe it or not the lorazepam relaxed me because I was so sick that I was shaking also it helped me sleep along with perks.
However everyone reacts differently I'm just sharing about what helped me.
After 3 days of being violently sick having to get intervenes 2x I would have taken ANYTHING they gave me at that point.

Back