• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone suffered any hair loss?

Hi Wizzbang
Thanks for your comment
You are right re needing much higher doses than those who take it as a general supplement.
I was told by the surgeon that I needed to take 125mg of Zinc three times a day (I take the effervescent form) and 20mcg (microgrammes) of Selenium twice a day for 6 months. The zinc was very expensive, it cost me £24 for a months supply the Selenium was £6 for a months supply.
I am going to make an appointment with my GP next month for another Fasttab prescription (I have moved area and it's a new GP) so I will be asking her if she will give me a script for the Zinc otherwise it is going to cost me a
fortune!
My hair loss after the Lighterlife never improved, and to be honest I can't
afford to lose too much more as I'll end up as bald as a coot ;).
Hopefully the Zinc and Selenium will help.
Hope you get sorted!

Jxx
Bless you Julie. thanks for the honest comments. I think I will see my doc pre surgery to discuss how best to approach it. best wishes and good luck. I hope you see a good improvement with your medication. Lynne xxx

To me it's a small price to pay for all the weight I've lost :)
They did warn me that I may lose some hair and I definitely am, but so far it doesn't seem too bad.

I was told that the loss of hair is down to a Zinc deficiency. I have bought in some chewable Zinc vitamins and will start to take them next week when I take my multi vits as I start my mild diet.

You could have a blood test at your GP's and if it shows that you are deficient in Zinc, ask them to prescribe some zinc tablets that desolve in water. (my friend told me about these, but thought that it would be better to be prepared) :)

I was told that the loss of hair is down to a Zinc deficiency. I have bought in some chewable Zinc vitamins and will start to take them next week when I take my multi vits as I start my mild diet.

You could have a blood test at your GP's and if it shows that you are deficient in Zinc, ask them to prescribe some zinc tablets that desolve in water. (my friend told me about these, but thought that it would be better to be prepared) :)
Thanks Neeta, that's great advice. I work with GP's so I think I will ask for some advice on how to minimise the loss with zinc before booking an appointment with my own GP. thanks again, Lynne xxx

Back