• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appointment tomorrow and really nervous

minnieme62

Hi everybody I have my appointment tomorrow with dietician and the surgeon I'm really nervous and I don't know why I think it's because I don't know what to expect what the surgeon might say to me I've met my weight loss target so that's one thing I don't have to worry about can anyone help put me at ease a little I really don't know why I'm stressing so much.

Last edited:
I was origonally refereed for a band - i have underlying medical issues and could barely walk and basically after a chat the surgeon looked at me and said - nope we wont do a band for you (my heart dropped) he then explained that for me he felt the best way forward was a bypass - he took my hands ans said to me that this was happening and within 18 months i wouldnt even know myself

its been 14 months - op was 2 months ago - im already almost pain free and getting back to having a life again

It was damn scary tho - sitting there talking about all the times iv failed

That's great news how has recovery been since your op I'm glad your pain is getting better as I'm hoping my back pain improves with weight loss sounds like you had a very caring surgeon I think it makes a lot of difference when doctors and nurses show they care.

for me before the op - walking was torture - it would take me 20-30 mins to do a 5 min walk - people had to get me everything at work and toilet trips took me 20 mins or longer of my back pain was so bad i got stuck on the toilet...

i can now walk 10k+ steps in a day with ease - i can "run" short distances (accross my office to hug someone" im doing step things on my Wii Fit and iv started swimming - the op was 20th June!

And the team - from my own doc to the dietician and the nurses on the day were amazing :D

Wow what a difference well done bet your very pleased I will be very happy if I can say the same about the pain in my back I can't wait for a date so I can start making a difference to my health like you. Xx

Last edited:
Back