• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Appointment tomorrow

I've been sooooooo looking forward to my journey actually starting tomorrow - my first appointment at the hospital since my doctor referred me. Now, sitting here minding my own business and suddenly I'm terrified LOL!!!!! I'm nervous because I don't really know what to expect, and worried that I won't be accepted to the next step. I guess its normal to have a head full of things spinning round and round but honestly I've been so calm about my appointment until now, its caught me by surprise!!!!!! :d'oh:

OOOOohhh you get to see the lovely Mr Creely :) don't worry he's really nice, be completely honest about your eating/emotional habits, if anything like me, i felt like a complete person after my appointment with him...... he really puts you at ease too awww

Have a great time :) x x x

No Crystal, my appointment is with Mr.Dugal (in the Diabetic Clinic).......
None of you seem to have heard of him :eek: .........
Maybe that's partly why I'm so anxious this evening......

Edit: by the way Crystal, how did you get on today? It was you had an appointment this afternoon wasn't it?

Oooh er not heard of Him/Her but i'm sure your be in safe hands. Its just the consultant i assume, i only saw Creely the once and never again LOL

ohh yes fine thanks hunni..... my yearly check up...in and out in minutes...... next one in another year!!! must be doing ok i guess lol

Thanks Crystal :)
I'm sure it will be OK. Hubby will be with me so that's a great support. Will let you know how it goes :)

my yearly check up...in and out in minutes...... next one in another year!!! must be doing ok i guess lol

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Awesome .......... Love it ........ Well done you :) xx

Well that wasn't much like what I was expecting!!

I thought it would be quite detailed, ya know talk about the different surgeries, discuss the pros and cons, maybe talk about which procedure may be more suited to my needs, go through the various stages of the journey (well, tell me what hoops have to be jumped through!!), etc etc etc ......

Nope!! Quick glance at the form I had to fill in, asking for a bit more detail on a few of my answers. Gave me a few things to put on my "to do" list and that was about it!! I'm none the wiser than I was this morning!! Granted though, she was very nice (and I was quite pleased that "Mr.Dugal" turned out to be "Dr.Dugal" and was in fact a woman :) )

I'm also quite pleased to finally have an idea of a timescale to surgery - about a year give/take a couple of months. The longest wait being 9 - 10 months for the psychologist is the main hold-up.

Well, that's the first hoop jumped :clap:

Ahhhh thought she was a she LOL tbh hunni i was never none the wiser all the way thru.... i just kept attending when they said so lol somewhere near to the end i discovered i had already got funding in place.....which frankly i wasn't expecting lol so just go with the flo is the only advise i can offer..... i think they are a lot more organised now than they were LOL......things certainly run smother

your in the loop and thats all that counts :) gl and enjoy the process, its all a huge learning curve x x x x

all good then, as crystals says It can be a very confusing journey and nothing is ever really spelt out for you. I just attended everything they told me to and followed all the advise they gave me. slowly slowly catchy monkey! the only thing you can ever be sure of is that time marches on and now that the wagon is well and truly rolling its just a question of time. x

Great advise Sam.....would give u rep points if i could LOL :)

I think we get so focused on the end we forget to live in-between and life passes us by in a blink..... yes we all want the end results but remember to live too, its like holding your breath.....and the process will take as long as it takes :) no point worrying and stressing to get it done any quicker because its a process that has to be gone thru step by step........ following all those steps is what makes up successful at the end :) x x x x x x

Back