• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appointment with my surgeon

nessaantonella

Hiya everyone

As some of you will know I have had my appointemnt with my surgeon today.................

Due to the severity of my asthma he will not do the GASTRIC BYPASS that I so urgently needed, one of the reasons for this is because my chest is so weak and I would not have a good chance of surviving the surgery alone, and I have been on a constant dose of steroids since Sept 05 and ammongst my other medications, and I would be very likely to have a leak, and this leak could lead to complications that would more than likely end my life!

It broke my heart...... I was devastated.......

But insted my surgeon has opted for a 2 stage procedure... first he will fit a LAP BAND, the surgery is less invasive than the bypass and takes much less time, so will lessen the time I have to be put under..... and YES the results are nor as dramatic as the bypass but it should help me loose enough weight to bring down the ammount of steroids that I am on and hopefully I would be in better shape for part 2 of the procedure...the bypass.... that I could have in a years time if I still want it! or needed it.

I will keep you all informed on how it goes!!!

Nessa XXXXXXXX

Hi Nessa

Ihave spoken to a lot of people who have had the band and been very happy. 1 person lost 19 stone in 16 months.
Which ever op you have, it is the start of a new begining and I wish you all the luck. Your health has to come first and its all for the good!!!
:)

Hi mate. I'm sorry that you are unable to get the bypass straight away, but it's good to know that he's willing to do the lapband. Weight loss is meant to be slower initially, but overall apparently the loss can be the same. It sounds like it went well though babes :hug99:

Hi mate. I'm sorry that you are unable to get the bypass straight away, but it's good to know that he's willing to do the lapband. Weight loss is meant to be slower initially, but overall apparently the loss can be the same. It sounds like it went well though babes :hug99:
Hiya hun

I hope that the weight loss will be OK... I have read some good results.... My surgeon did say that he gets a goos weighloss from the band as the aftercare he offer's is fantastic... he used the metefore (having the band is like getting a ferari without the keys if propper aftercare is not recived.... the band is the ferari and the aftercare are the keys)
xxx

Hi Nessa hunni:D

Please don't feel disheartened by the surgeon's decision he deffo has your best interests at heart. You may feel you lose enough with the band(there are people who have had the lapband and lost more than I have with the bypass) and not need the second surgery.

Good luck
Hiya Zoe
I hope that that is the case, I was scared by the impending surgery but nevertheless I was going to go through it... I was willing to take the chance..... I cant go on living in this 20 stone body.
My surgeon showed to me how much he cared and that the was NOT willing to loose me even if I was willing to take the chance.
My chest is just too weak:cry:and there is a more than probible chance that I may not regain conciousness after the surgery and even if I did there would be a 8 out of 10 chance I would suffer a leak from the joins made buy the stapling and the 2 joins in the intestines and this would almost definately lead to intensive care and me being ventolated again and a difficult fight to keep me alive.....:cry:
I know that I have an uphill struggle ahead but I will do whatever it takes..... I WILL need your support and guidence.
Thank you Zoe xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi nessa just read your post, well good luck with the lap band your surgeon knows whats best for you at this stage hun so dont be too disappointed i wish you all the luck in the world and keep your chin up, you have been through a terrible time and hopefully things can only get better for you, take care lv georgina xxx

things happen the way they do 4 a reason... this is the best path for you... walk on it with positivity in your heart.... good luck :)
Donna xxx

Nessa, I have read quite a few reports from people who have had the two stage procedure and all of them have reported excellent results. I'm sure that once you have had it done, you too will be as happy with it as they all have been. It just means the surgeon is thinking with your best interests at heart, knowing what is right for you, rather than conveyor belting you into the system and hoping for the best. You will be 'on the loosing side' (as the saying seems to be in this instance) and being taken care of by people who treat you as an individual, which you obviously need.

Good luck

Gerry
:)

Back