• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st consult tomorrow

Harley_Q

I have a consultation with the surgeon tomorrow, it's my first meeting with them, what is likely to happen? Will I get offered dates? Is he likely to refuse doing it because I'm more suitable for a bypass?

They will talk to you about the different surgical options available for you e.g I was allowed sleeve or bypass, too heavy for band. They'll ask you what option you'd prefer and why, they will ask how your pre op appointments have been going, might set you a weightloss goal pre surgery - I got 5-10% loss required.

They might ask to see your tummy and have a poke around - to see how deep the muscle and fat is, if they can feel ribs etc so they have a better idea of operating specifically on you and what equipment they might need in theatre and measure your waist and neck - for anesthetics.

You will have a chance to ask any questions and I'd suggest asking the time frame for your op, if you need to see any other members of the bariatric team and when your case will be discussed at the team meeting! You should then have a good idea of timing and the decision/date process.

Best of luck, I'm sure it will go really well.
Stacey

Back