• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appt 2moro with Mr Ammori

Andrea73

Hi I have my first appointment with Mr Ammori with a view to getting bypass surgery. I had my mind all made up that I would be going ahead as I was sick and tired of food ruling my life and my weight for the past 21 years. I have now just spoken to my mum and she has put doubts into my head. She said there had been another person who had died from surgery and now I'm worried. I know that I am not as big as some people who get surgery so surely that helps me, doesn't it??? I have 7 stone to lose.

Any advice and reassurance would be muchly appreciated.

Love, Andrea

Hi Andrea
Your mum is just reacting as most mums do out of worry and lack of information( mine was the same) Unfortunatly they only see what the media concentrate on and that is the tragedies that can happen, But as you have seen on here there are hundreds of success stories. I explained to my mum that i had already reduced my life span with my obesity and this was my chance to live life in a much fitter and better way. Its also natural at this stage for you to have worries and doubts but once you talk to Mr Ammori i'm sure you will be reassured he is a lovely man who is so good at what he does and is well worth the trip from Dalkeith to Manchester let us know how it goes tomorrow x

Thanks Allie. I think I am just worried that after it is done then I won't be able to eat properly for the rest of my life. You know I don't want to spend my life on liquids or something like that.

How are you doing now? How much have you lost?
x

Hi Andrea.

Your mum is bound to have concerns and I am sure you have some yourself.
I had my operation performed by Mr Ammori and I found him extremely professional and he really put me at ease.
Before my Op is was sooooo scared as I knew people had died from the op, but its all about risk reward in my eyes. the risk is small but the reward is huuuuuuge!!

the way i thought about it is "if i dont have the op, i will probably end up dieing young anyway!"

nerves are normal in my eyes but it will be the best decision of your life to go for it!!!

Hi Andrea,
My Hubby worried something terribly, But i am 9 months post Op and lost nearly 7st, I'm 5lbs past my goal and its the best thing I ever done. Its only natural to worry, I did, But bOY Am I so glad I done it. I have my lfe back now. I went private with Mr Ammori and he is one of the best surgeons out there. I can eat whatever i want, only in smaller potions and i don't feel deprived at all.
Go for it girl, You won't regret it one bit!!
Good luck!!

hi andrea, just wondering where and what time your appt is coz ive got appt with mr ammori tomorrow afternoon at spire! xx

After about 1 year you will be able to eat everything you always did but smaller portions.Some peeps even say they can no longer stand chocolate!

Oh thank you so much you don't know how confused I feel about it all. My mum is skinny and has never had a weight problem so just doesn't understand. I try to explain that I just want to be able to go and buy an expensive pair of jeans and know that I can wear them 6 months or 2 years down the line cos they'll still fit me. I also want to be able to run with the kids, not get diabetes etc.

My appt is at Manchester through surgicare at 4.30. My husband has took the day off work, my mum and dad are watching the kids and I've managed to swap my shift. Its all planned so I've no excuse now. It'll probably take about 4 hours to get there - I must be mad going all that way for a consultation but he is the best!!!

xx

Last edited:
LOL Andrea i'm as mad as you then ha ha it does take about 4 hours and i'm going down for the 3rd time for my check up at the end of the month. I'm doing well thanks i won't pretend the 1st 2 weeks were hard emotionally not cause of regrets just part and parcel of post op. 5 weeks on i've started to eat mince and fish and so far so good i've lost 32lbs in 5 weeks. If you want a chat at any point just pm me but will look forward to hearing how it goes and pass on my best wishes to Mr Ammori lol x

Hi I also had mr ammori my scars are almost invisible I have lost nearly 50LB since 10th july and i feel fab. But at the end of the day only you can decide. I put my op off 3 years ago and regretted the day I cancelled it, my mum & daughter had also read an article in the paper. But go with your instincts and you wont go wrong. I dont regret anything about my bypass as every day is heavenly now. Gailx

hiya just got back frommy appt with mr ammori at spire. appt was for 2.50 got seen at 4.15 lol.

he seems nice, was a bit rushed coz he was running behind, he basically just asked me about health probs i have i said only pcos...

then he went on abit how bypass is more successfull espesh with pcos sufferers blah blah

then i said i def want the band the bypass is too drastic for me atm....and then he goes...soooo when do u want the op?give me a date...

so i looked in my phone,asked him what days of the week he does the ops....so i said friday 6th nov(going on hol 18th-27th oct) and thats it. hes like ill see u then...

it was weirdly simple. from first referall to surgery could be like 3 months!

Costa thats great news youe seem sure about what youwant thats really good .

i realise the band is kind of a 50% weight loss tool. im really scared i wont succeed with the other 50% i have to do myself though

well all I am finally back home from the long trip to Manchester to see Mr Ammori. Yes Costa since he was running late for you, he was running late for me. My appointment was 4.30 and I think he showed up after 6 so that meant I was late back to get the kids.

Anyway I have booked my bypass for 17 October, I will be having it at the Spire in Manchester. I met a really nice woman there called Wendy who had the op at the end of April and has lost 5 stone since then. She really put my mind at ease and she is looking years younger.

I will be getting a call from the dietician soon to start the pre-op diet. What does this involve?

Anyway off to bed now, don't know if I'll sleep though cos I'm so excited....

Andrea xx

Andrea your mum will be scared for you. Would it be possible for her to go to the meetings with you?? This would help her understand more of what will be happening. The media are so good at letting us know when there's been a death through weight loss surgery, but its not often they let us know of ALL the success stories.
Good luck with your appointment and try and involve your mum as much as you can to give her peace of mindxx

maybe i saw you? i was wearing a denim skirt and turqoise top?

wasnt the whole thing incredibly simple and straightforward...

im having doubts now that maybe the bypass is better for me?

Costa - were you not at Spire yesterday? I was at the surgicare building in Manchester although I'll have the op at the Spire. What did Dr Ammori advise you? What is your eating habits like? I am more of a sweet eater and I know that if I had the band I would just cheat myself. I don't want to spend all this money and not lose the weight cos I had cheated. This is a new start for me and I don't ever want to be like this again. I did originally think that I would go for the band because it seems like the less drastic option. The bypass seems so permanent but then again it has to be if we want to keep the weight off. If you want to chat more PM me.

Today I woke up and it just feels like yesterday was a dream. I spoke to my mum this morning and she was saying that maybe her and my dad will come down with me for the weekend. I did try and entice her by saying that the Trafford Centre wasn't far away and it was amazing. She doesn't need much enticing when it comes to shopping. LOL. She did say that as long as I had thought about it and I was happy and things worked out then that was all that mattered.

Anyway I'm away to have breakfast and watch the fat doctor from the other night..

Take care everyone. Andrea x

Back