• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appt 2moro with Mr Ammori

Congrats! Who would have thought changing your life would be so simple? All the best!!

Well your having your op by the same surgeon as I had at the same hospital so im sure your results will be fantastic! xxxxx

Hi Andrea and Costa, I am in the same boat as both of you and know exactly how you feel! I was adament that surgery was right for me but since seeing my consultant and everything becoming 'real' I have had so many doubts as to whether its too drastic!

But I think I already know I have made the right decision, I just have to be brave and run with it!

I opted for the bypass as I was worried I would cheat with a band and I wanted something that will hopefully give me the best chance of losing as much weight as possible.

I have a date pencilled in for surgery for Saturday 7th November, arghhh!! :eek:

Cuppacocoa xx

Cuppacocoa - I am sitting here surfing the net looking for reasons for not doing it but I know that I am just being stupid. I keep asking myself am I happy. Well the answer is no and I haven't been for a long, long time. I am sure that once I feel better in myself then I will come off the anti-depressants so it can only be good things all round. We can do this and because we are doing it at roughly the same time then we will do this together (and with the rest of minimins).

xx

ooooh cuppa i could be in the room next to you!ru having it at spire?

andrea....i was still with him at 4.30 thats why i thought maybe you had an appt at spire!!!! i was with him 10 mins...the people b4 were with him for about 45 mins i was going mad waiting lol xx

Hi Andrea
Glad you got a date fixed and you had a safe journey up and down. If you are a sweet eater with not a huge amount of willpower like me then you have made the right decision to have a bypass. I had my bypass in Spire with Mr Ammori, and believe me i'm a huge coward, but i can honestly say i had no pain whatsoever ( nurse had to check my morphine machine was working cause i wasn't using it) The staff at the hospital are lovely Mr Ammori has a very calming manner and i geniunely felt as safe as i ever was going to be (nerves and fear are natural). I have a copy of pre op diet from Mr Ammori and his team if you want to pm me with your email address i'll send it to you xx

It's so nice to know there are other people going through exactly the same emotions as me, I'm so pleased to have found this site! This morning I was so down in the dumps and so confused I almost convinced myself surgery isn't for me. But just through talking to you kind people I'm already much happier about my decision. :flowers:

I'm having my op at Spire in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. They phoned me earlier and told me I am booked in to see the dietician, psychologist and physician all on 28th September and that as long as I succeed in losing 5% of my weight before 7th November I can go ahead with surgery on that date. :eek: The thought still scares the life out of me!

Costa you made me laugh, I was scheduled to be with my consultant for 30 mins but was in there fore one hour and 5 mins!! :rolleyes: Apologies to anyone who was after me! :eek:

Andrea, I like you keep trying to come up with reasons why surgery isn't for me, but deep down I know realistically its my only real chance of losing the weight. I've tried and tried and tried with diets, ww, pills etc in the past but my willpower is fairly non existent and I've now reached the point where I've given up trying before I've even begun. And that's not a great place to be. :ashamed0005:

I have a lovely hubby and three beautiful children and I owe it to them to be here to watch them grow up.

We can do this xx :gen126: xx

I did post a reply but apparantly it's gone off to be approved by a moderator? Not sure what I've done there!! :) xx

Hear! Hear! nicely put allie my experience was exactly the same no pain and no morphine just like you:D:D I was walking to the loo myself after 2 hours of me op. Mr Ammori is a saint
Hi Andrea
Glad you got a date fixed and you had a safe journey up and down. If you are a sweet eater with not a huge amount of willpower like me then you have made the right decision to have a bypass. I had my bypass in Spire with Mr Ammori, and believe me i'm a huge coward, but i can honestly say i had no pain whatsoever ( nurse had to check my morphine machine was working cause i wasn't using it) The staff at the hospital are lovely Mr Ammori has a very calming manner and i geniunely felt as safe as i ever was going to be (nerves and fear are natural). I have a copy of pre op diet from Mr Ammori and his team if you want to pm me with your email address i'll send it to you xx

You mentioned in your original post that you were worried as someone had died, I can tell you that the person you are referring to died of a heart attack and it was completely unrelated to the bypass surgery. Mr Ammouri has the best stats in the business and you will have no regrets going with him. I had my op at Salford Royal 8 weeks ago today and have no regrets. I have lost 3 stone so far.

Back