• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

aren't we so different

phatgirl

Was out yesterday with a fellow post-op long-term and she has a completely different pouch restriction than me. I had a hot dog at costco but had to throw away much of my bun but ate most of the large hot dog. She struggles with meat, especially beef so she ate a slice of pizza. It was strange to think we had the same surgery almost the same time as me but she has different restrictions when making food choices. How about you all, are you like me and struggle with bread or are you like my friend who struggles with meat?

Im ok with meat although it fills me very quickly. I cant do spicy food now...just the thought of it makes me feel ill.

Great to see you posting Nic & especially as it means you're in better health:)
To answer your question...

-varies from day to day, some days both bread or meat can fill me to busting
-however (unfortunately:() on many days I can eat far too much of both!

PS- were you out with Shell?

bread is a no no feels heavy in my tummy and I use to love spicy foods but just gives me grief can eat most meats but my liking fruit has gone thru the roof have to actively stop myself eating too much!

Bread is a no no for me, I can eat a slice of toast if its toasted until it no longer resembles anything from this universe and looks more like a piece of moon lava :D as for meat I'm not a big meat eater never have been, a thin slice of chicken or ham is my limit (this was pre-op too I'm just not keen on it) won't eat any beef or lamb or anything like sausage burgers etc - moi fussy??

I'm a bit befuddled by the fact I can eat pretty much anything after my bypass! I've yet to find something I can't tolerate!

On the one hand I'm hugely relieved because I'd be devastated if I couldn't eat certain things and felt restricted/deprived/ill.

On the other hand I'm a bit worried that the lack of restriction on certain foods could mean a slippery slope of back into bad choices and habits and weight gain :(

On the other hand I'm a bit worried that the lack of restriction on certain foods could mean a slippery slope of back into bad choices and habits and weight gain :(

Thats exactly what i keep thinking! Scares me a lot!

Ive just discovered I can eat bread - scary stuff, as it was my absolute downfall! However, i cannot tolerate pasta, and rice makes me throw up instantly. Wish bread did that.....

Ive just discovered I can eat bread - scary stuff, as it was my absolute downfall! However, i cannot tolerate pasta, and rice makes me throw up instantly. Wish bread did that.....

I am so glad I can't have bread, it was my downfall, I didn't eat sweets or chocolate but bread, I could go get a fresh uncut loaf then come home and have door step slices of it (often I would be tucking into it before I even got home) then i'd have to go get another loaf before O/H came home as there was little or no bread left!! :mad:

Oh if only there was something I couldn't eat Nic. Sometimes I look longingly at my own arm. I can vary day to day, one day I polish off a full meal (just one not seven courses now though) the next day I might only manage about a quarter of that and I'm stuffed. Restriction is a fleeting thing for me.

I'm a bit befuddled by the fact I can eat pretty much anything after my bypass! I've yet to find something I can't tolerate!

On the one hand I'm hugely relieved because I'd be devastated if I couldn't eat certain things and felt restricted/deprived/ill.

I'm exactly the same. I can eat absolutely anything ... Including chocolate - which worried me massively as it was always my sweet tooth that was the problem. My weight has stalled for 6 weeks now and it's probably because I'm making the wrong choices and nibbling on rubbish all day .. (I'm 4 months out)

If only the bypass fixed your head and psychological issues too eh!! X

Back