• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

aren't we all equal? why such a difference in funding?

gingernutter

It seems madness that people in different parts of the country can get funding when others can not. Why aren't we all equal?

Like myself....I have a MBI of 48.5 yet it isn't enough unless I have diabetes or sleep apnea. I have many other poor health issues surrounding my obesity but they do not come into consideration with my PCT. My issues are potentially very serous. I also have limited mobility. It took me years to just get to be referred to the obesity clinic in my town. Now i have all these other hurdle to jump over. When will it end?

Surely we should all be equal. This is outrageous. Why do we just take it?

charliegirl

Hi Sarah I agree we are all human beings we should be treated equally, but I suppose it is down to the government who hold the purse strings and say how much money each PCT can have for its services. The thing I cannot get my head around is where some areas insist they will not supply life saving drugs for say cancer patients but when the patient funds the drugs themselves they then have to pay for any NHS treatment ie nurses to administer that drug! How unfair is that. I really dont think in my heart of hearts that you will have a problem because from what you told me in your emails it sounds like you have a very very good case and once you get the sleep test it will give you a bit more reassurance....keep your chin up chick we need each other xxxx

ditzyangeluk

Isn't this the infamous 'postcode lottery'? Unfair but that's politics!