• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Atkins in Post op land!

Beware the cheesinator! OMG I think I better check my cheese allowance...ugh I really don't want to have to weigh it...
I also must try and curb my sweet tooth a lot more....I think a bowl of emergency tuna and mayo might be a good idea to have every day.
I love the low carb goodies and they are satisfying etc...but my piggie side keeps wanting to have too many!

I think they might make me stall if I don't tone it down a bit.
Going to have to make some sugar free jelly & cream instead!!

I bought some Jell=o pudding in butterscotch and peach jell-o jelly...I wonder how they'll be.
(I am a big fan of pud as you can tell!!!)

Linz can you explain an oopsie roll to our friends and how you use them ...and do they taste good etc?

I like the sound of slathering them with cream....yeah I like the sound of most things with double cream involved!!!!! Oink!

Oh I shall have to remember to try some..though me being me went and made a bee line for the choccies!!!!!
Ha ha me too.... watch out for the polytrots!!:eek:

Beware the cheesinator! OMG I think I better check my cheese allowance...ugh I really don't want to have to weigh it...
I also must try and curb my sweet tooth a lot more....I think a bowl of emergency tuna and mayo might be a good idea to have every day.
I love the low carb goodies and they are satisfying etc...but my piggie side keeps wanting to have too many!

I think they might make me stall if I don't tone it down a bit.
Going to have to make some sugar free jelly & cream instead!!

I bought some Jell=o pudding in butterscotch and peach jell-o jelly...I wonder how they'll be.
(I am a big fan of pud as you can tell!!!)

Linz can you explain an oopsie roll to our friends and how you use them ...and do they taste good etc?

I like the sound of slathering them with cream....yeah I like the sound of most things with double cream involved!!!!! Oink!

I don't like oopsie rolls Neen I'm more of a MiM fan... thats my bag!

Well I dont know about u lot but I am confused.com with all this atkins malarky . Tbh I have been thinking about doing it myself, but get confused with all the info and how much you meant too eat daily etc...............HHHEEEELLLPPPP lol

There's a fairly good idea of what to have on the previous page Jules... I don't think you could overdo the meats as you eat teeny meals !(I can eat much more unfortunately...better get a fill booked!!)

On a good day I would have egg and bacon with a couple mushrooms for brekkie..or a protein shake

lunch a green salad (about a mug full of bits of lettuce, spring onion,cucumber chopped together) with some drained tuna and a tablespoon full fat mayo

then dinner like tonight would be chicken breast, mug of cauli with tiny bit grated cheese on top

loads water etc

you can use myfitnesspal.com to log what you have and as long as you have 20g carbs a day you should be OK for induction.. I am rusty on the rules so I expect Linzi can confirm for me a bit.

This is a great thread. Keep inputting everyone. Neen I looked at those recipes from mini's that you posted - oh my word:eat::D. Will be trying a few of those.

tranquil x

I am hoping when I see the hospital on Friday I will get another fill provided they can do it with the pain I am having. I am going to low carb my liquid and mushies stage and see how that goes. I am going to try and track down some low carb soup recipes - anyone got any?

Mushies are my least favourite stage - I wonder if anyone has come across a low carb gravy mix?

tranquil x

You can use xanthum gum as a thickener instead of flour to make yr gravy as it has zero net carbs, it does take a bit of getting used too quantitywise. x

Those MiM's are SO filling & good for the bowel too with it being flaxseed. Made a chocolate one, with green & blacks cocoa with strawbs & cream instead of a birthday cake!

Thanks for the info Linzi!!
How did you do today?
I didn't do as well...too much sampling...you're right I will be sorry tomorrow!! But those Russell Stover chocs are really good!! Unfortunately I really love all the ones I bought!

I have been reading round furiously and I decided to lay off some of the low carb convenience foods for the rest of the week and try and go more basic...so sugar free jelly instead of so many bars etc.

Day 2 under my belt... I'm on 40g carbs per day.

Was 2lb up on the scales this morning which wasn't how I anticipated my weigh in to be but I did have some saltier food yesterday so I'm hoping its just water retention!

Frankenfoods (as Jim calls Low carb processed foods ) can stall you so it is best to steer clear of them while in induction, or introduce one thing at a time then you'll know if it causes you to stall or not. x

Yummy omlette ---

I make this to spilt with my OH

Firstly snipping a load of back bacon roughly (lean only) into a large frying pan, then as you stir fry that, add a nice quantity of chopped spring onions and thin sliced mushrooms...when it's more or less cooked add your beaten egg (usually do 5 large ones for sharing size and I always pour it though a seive into the pan as I'm fussy) and move around the mix till most of the egg is cooked. I sometimes add seasoning mix too .. then as it sets on a lower heat, sprinkle a little grated cheddar (not huge amounts) and fold and split with the spatula into whatever portions you want.

this is soo tasty and mega filling !

Well lemme see......bad times.....protein shakes and atkins bars kick me out of ketosis (not so good in the induction stage but definately going to have them for the occasional treat)

good times? In ketosis for definate today! Dark pink result on the piddle strips!

having some sugar free jelly later and will have to invest in some cream for a little treat in the week...not too much daily of course.
I also cut down a lot of the cheese I am having , though still having enough to enjoy it x

Oooo well done everyone, lots of great advice here. I have been doing really well over the day and then completely spoiling things in the evening with things like biscuits etc. Not really my usual kind of thing. Been craving milk too which I dont normally do. there is definaltely no ketosis going on because I can tell with the taste in my mouth etc. Really need to concentrate.

I dont suppose anyone has any snack ideas for a lazy, biscuit munching, sweet toothed, busy and not very well off gal? Cant afford these atkins bars etc. Anyideas welcome.

Thanks.

Leesh. x

Back