• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Atkins in Post op land!

Wow that looks amazing... just trying to find the other recipes.

I have substitued the cream for creme fraiche in the Cheeseburger pie & it works just fine, just have to up the carbs. x

Gratin of Eggs with Chilli and Chorizo - Eggs - Recipes - from Delia Online

Quick meals for one! suitable for OWL.

Creamy beany chicken

1 chicken breast, 50g green beans, 4 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 tsp crushed chillies, 120ml double cream

Slice chicken breast into thin strips. Top & tail the beans & cut into thirds. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Fry the chicken strips until opaque, add the beans & the curshed chillies & continue frying until the beans have softened. Stir in the cream & bring to the boil. Add tomato halves & serve immediately.

Chorizo rapido

1 fennel bulb, 1 small onion, 1/2 red pepper, 50g chorizo sausage, 50g manchego cheese

Slice the fennel, onion & red pepper. Fry in a little oil & butter until softened & golden. Cut the chorizo into chunks & add to the pan, stir fry until the sausage is heated thru. Sprinkle over the manchego & allow it to melt in the pan.

Gorgeous grilled mushrooms

1 large field mushroom, 30g crumbly goats cheese, 1 tbsp chopped walnuts, 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, 1/2 tsp green peppercorns

Remove the stalk from the mushroom. Place the mushroom cap stalk side down on a grill pan & brush with oil. Place under a hot grill for 2 mins then stalk side up. Mix together the cheese, walnuts, parsley & peppercorns & spoon into the cap. Grill for 3 mins til the top is golden.

Mascarpone hash

1 small leek, 1 courgette, handful chopped parsley, leftover cooked meat, 80g mascarpone cheese

Finely slice the leek & chop the courgette into 0.5cm dice. Fry both in a little oil for 2 mins until tender. Add the parsley & meat to the pan & heat thru, stir in mascarpone to make a creamy sauce.

If using cold lamb, substitute mint for the parsley. Cooked turkey would be fab with some sprouts instead of courgette, smoked pork with shredded cabbage etc etc.....

Speedy prawn curry

300g chopped tomatoes, 5 nuggets of frozen spinach, 1 heaped tsp curry powder, 2 tbsp dessicated coconut, 200g prawns

Put tomatoes into a sieve & drain off most of the liquid. Put into a small pan with the spinach, curry powder & dessicated coconut & slowly bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 5 mins until spinach has defrosted & sauce is thick. Turn off heat & add the prawns & allow to stand for 1 min before serving.

EGG AND SAUSAGE MCMUFFINS

Makes 12 muffins
(per muffin: 1g carb)

Great for on the go, make sure you use low carb sausages, you can also add sauteed mushrooms or onions to the mix.

These muffins can be frozen & reheated in the microwave.

455g sausages
12 large eggs
120ml whipping cream
120ml water
1/4tsp sea salt
170g grated cheddar

Preheat the oven to 180c. Coat a 12 muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.

Remove the sausage meat from the casings & crumble the meat into a large frying pan. Cook over a medium heat, stiring to break up the pieces, for 5 mins, or until browned. Divide meat evenly amoung the muffin cups.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, water & salt. Pour over the sausages & top with cheese.

Bake for 20-30 mins until the eggs are cooked thru. Cool slightly & remove from the tins.

Lamb & roquefort burgers in a mushroom bun!

Serves 4 (carbs 2.5 per burger)

800g minced lamb
1 garlic clove crushed
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
dash of tabasco
2 egg yolks
roquefort cheese
8 large bun sized mushrooms
olive oil (for brushing)
1 small red onion, sliced wafer thin
bunch of watercress with stalks removed

In a bowl combine the lamb, garlic, parsley, tabasco & egg yolks with a generous seasoning of sea salt. When well mixed, divide into 4 & shape into 8 solid patties. Transfer to the fridge & leave for 4 hours to allow the flavours to mix & the burgers to set. Remove from the fridge 30 mins before needed.

Taking the roquefort straight from the fridge, cut the cheese into 8 wedges, place aside.

Preheat the oven to 180c. Pinch out the stalks of the mushrooms & put in an ovenproof dish, season & brush with olive oil. Transfer to the oven & bake for 10 mins, set aside & keep warm. Preheat the grill to the highest setting.

Heat a griddle or large frying pan, brush the burgers with oil & cook for 5 mins on each side over a mediu heat. This should cook them right thru. Remove from pan.

Place onions into pan & stir fry until almost melted!

Take the mushrooms & place them on the grill sheet & top each one with a burger, top each one with a wedge of roquefort & place under the grill until it is fully melted but not browning.

Remove from the grill & plate up, scatter over the onion & watercress.

Enjoy.They are pretty scrummy... you can also swap it for veal & reblouchon cheese or beef & cheddar

Here's some good websites.

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Recipes

Your Lighter Side...: ...of Recipes

Low Carb Luxury: Recipes

George Stella - Stella Style Community

Thin and crispy Pizza base

8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded

4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
3 eggs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil,
optional Toppings of your choice *
Mix the cheeses, eggs, garlic powder and basil well. Line a 16-inch pizza pan with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Evenly spread the cheese mixture in the pan, almost to the edge, making it as thin as possible. Bake at 450º 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

I suggest checking it after about 10 minutes. If it's getting very dark on the edges and top, turn the oven down to 400º and continue baking until brown all over and no longer pale on the bottom. Pat off any excess grease then add your toppings. Keeping the oven rack in the center position, put the pizza under the broiler until the toppings are hot and any cheese you added is melted and bubbly, about 4-5 minutes. Makes 8 servings Can be frozen

. Crust only: Per Serving: 176 Calories; 14g Fat; 12g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net

You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower*
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley

**pizza or alfredo sauce

toppings (make sure meats are cooked)
mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler (grill for the Europeans) at high heat just until cheese is melted **.

Nutritional Information for the entire crust:
calories: 434, fat: 25 g, carbohydrates: 8 (net), 13 if counting all, fiber: 5 g, protein: 41 g.

Cauli pizza sounds really wierd...I'll try it and see too. x

Some great ideas here - thanks! My book arrived yesterday - Royal Mail delivered a weeks worth of post after Mr TB got on to them for me. Looking forward to seeing the difference between the previous and this version of Atkins.

tranquil x

Im defo going to go shopping at some point today. Bit stuck in though with poorly little one. Think I am getting his cold too! Going to get some sf jelly and was thinking of putting some cream in it for a blamange like effect. Has anyone tried that? Will get some peperami too for snacking. What about nuts, does anyone snack on them? I cant try most of these recipes because I dont really have much time and need to cook for the family as a whole. They are a good lot but not very open minded about cauliflower etc. What I tend to do is just have the normal family foods, chicken, bolonaise, shepperds pie, stew etc and just dont have the potatoes. I am used to doing it now and dont mind at all. Sometimes I treat myself with some expensive veg like asparagus or some of the little baby vegs, yum. Some of these low carb recipes do sound lovely though. Will have to make time and treat myself at some point.

x

I spose it's like cauliflower cheese grilled with all sorts on top...sounds really tasty to me, just hope it stays together to slice properly. I'm guessing the cheese holds it in shape though.

I have ordered some things to try the oopsie pizza.... I thought sundried tomato and basil cream cheese would be perfect to make the base with so I shall have a go and report back!! Maybe with a photo if I remember before I start scoffing!

Good news about your post TB!! Thank heavens you got it all !
Hey Leesh x I think just having the family meals as you say but having cauli / other veg as on the list at the start of this thread, will be a great way to do this for you.
Just get into the habit of looking at labels for carbs (of which sugars) and maybe tweaking which ingredients you use now and then.
Not tried cream in jelly ...I usually have a little on top. You have to be careful of not going to generous with it.
In induction, I think it's best to not have too many nuts...I was having my fave protein shake with a spoon of peanut butter (so amazing) every day and not getting into ketosis....so could be that and the shakes etc that was stopping me from getting into it properly.
Need to try and eat your veggies as you don't want to get constipated xxx I usually have a little empty 1 litre ice cream carton ( saved from naughtier days) to bung a serving of veg for me in (cling film and bung in the microwave)

yes let us know how you get on. I dont think I would be able to wait to take a pic either. x

I'm quite excited about seeing some recipes with piccies....
I found a bread one which looks easy to do as well

Easy almond Bread

2 eggs beaten
2 Tbsp Melted butter
4 oz. almond flour / ground almonds
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Optional---1 tsp. Splenda

combine eggs and butter then add to the dry ingredients mix well until batter has no lumps, pour batter into a flat microwavable dish, and bake for 2 1/2 minutes in microwave until top is firm and dry to the touch. Let cool and slice. Makes a nice mini pizza crust. the splenda makes it a little sweet like a cake.

This was the original recipe. I've also made a 'savory' version replacing the splenda with garlic and onion powder to taste.

I'm thinking a piece of hot buttered sweet toast or french toast (might add cinnamon) for the weekend yummy breakfast...or some cheese on toast!!

Also a part of a site that rates the low carb convenience products...this is always handy as we know some stuff is a bit pricey..so if we are going to invest in a couple things, it's nice to see how tasty and useful they are x

http://www.netrition.com/cgi/product_reviews_display.cgi?categories=VLC

Last edited:
Hey guys....

You need to count total carbs not just the bit which sugars or you'll be having too many. xxx

Weighed in this morning & have finally shifted some weight after having a 3 month plateau 1.5lbs down & the lowest I have ever been in my adult life! :D

Hi Have really enjoyed this thread but which new atkins book do you all recommend ive just had a look and there are loads of them:brainfart:

Back