• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Atkins in Post op land!

Pepperami? Babybels, ham roll ups (eg ham wrapped round lettuce& philadelphia is nice, bowl of tuna with splodge of full fat helmans, chicken fridge raiders also have some sugar free jelly made up daily to scoff

I am having orange sf jelly today, I made it with half boiling water to dissolve the crystals and topped it up to a pint with fizzy orangina light....absolutely gorgeous and It's taking ages to eat x

I think I need to get a bit more organised with the snacky type stuff. I am pretty good with meals but it is the snacks that let me down. Thanks for the suggestions Neen. I used to be the sf jelly queen so I will definately get some of that. Was tryin to eat boiled eggs for snacks but after a few days of enjoyin it I am already at the point of "If I never eat another boiled egg it will be too soon". If only chocolate had that effect.

Hi . . . it’s the first time I have seen the Akins’s diet and I must confess that I am surprised how flexible it seems – being uninitiated, I thought it was steak and eggs all the way (which would suit me to the ground). I think that bypasers are on this trail in any event in that we seek to eat proteins first ~ roll on being able to sit down and enjoy a steak mmmmm xxx

Hi Kevin
Hope you dont mind me asking, but are you avoiding steak at the moment? I had my op on the 7th and can enjoy a small fillet steak.

Have the emergency bowl of tuna Leesh..drained and ready in the fridge with a splodge of mayo or spritz of vinegar and black pepper...cling filmed over and ready to grab a fork and down a couple mouthfuls!
A small tin of tuna is very low cal as well and shouldn't do any harm but should be filling enough to put you off going for anything less helpful!

Sugar free jelly made with diet fizzy is always nice and refreshing !

Also brush your teeth thoroughly after meals or when you get munchy as it can help stop that urge too.....plus if in doubt , have some nice cold water.

I get packs of the sports bottle style tescos own mineral water and wash and refill them from the tap and stick a load in the fridge every morning so I have a nice ice cold bottle ready whenever I want it.

Having seen Mini's post on low carb stuff I bought some Mattesons smoked sausage tonight. Going to have some for lunch tomorrow if I get the chance or perhaps have it for breakfast in an omelette. A few slices may be good for combating snack attacks:D.

tranquil x

Morning all... just dashing out the door to work via school run, scales are looking promising for weigh in tomorrow & little pouch is feeling a tad restricted today so its all back to how it should be.

Have a good one. x

Great thankyou ! Boys come home in a taxi with a passenger assistant so about 10 minutes or less of sanity left for me!
Well no protein shakes today or yesterday and bam! In ketosis for definate! I feel better knowing it's definately happening now though not sure wether to weigh in before my birthday and risk being all disappointed and miserable!!
Every year I just want to be lighter by that day and last year was about the same as the year before ...so I have been needing a miracle!!

When's yr birthday hun? You can do it... you've done the hardest days getting to where yr at now... all you need to do is keep doing it now. x

Sounds good! I will try and remember to pop it on my next order...wish Tescos did a bit more low carb & sugar free stuff...would be cheaper for a start.
I think cauliflower is my potato / pasta equivalent...I love that stuff..(I'm sure Dean is fed up of me eating it though.....mind you , I poot less since the band...just burp more!!hehe)

I tore up a couple slices of lean corned beef into my omlette egg mix today and it worked really well...so filling! and it looked quite pretty too all speckly!
We shall have to have a photo our our concoctions now and then won't we?

I know its so bloomin' expensive from those sites! I probably spend £60 per month but have narrowed it down to things that are good for me to eat rather than tutt!

Cauliflower is amazing... I love cauli rice, have you seen the recipe for cauliflower pizza on the recipe thread? You make the base out of cauli & mozzarella bake it in the oven then put toppings of your choice on it & cook!!

Cheeseburger Pie
Total carbs 9c. Serves 4
Ingredients:
500g minced beef
50g finely chopped onion
150g chopped mushrooms
100mls double cream
2 heaped tablespoons of mayo
150g strong cheddar grated
3 eggs
salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat, add Lee & Perrins sauce.
Place in a greased foil covered deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
Beat eggs add mayo, cream and cheese.
Pour over the top of mince, drop olives around the dish and bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
Cut in to portions and wrap in cling film
This freezes very well.
Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

Optional 1 Tablespoon Lea & Perrins 2c and 10 black olives

Back