• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Atkins in Post op land!

Ah OK, It was a treat..I wouldn't have it on a daily basis (any more lol) but I did enjoy it as a one off on the weekend.

Sticks wise, I guess it was more to keep me in line ! But I think after Aunt Flo and me bday I will weigh in properly and I guess we'll see!
I do need to tweak my portions as I think I've been having too large portions of veg. Not a massive problem as such because I can't eat that huge a meal...but need to tweak the protein/veg ratio a bit and eat off a really small plate.

Oh and get off my bum and exercise a LOT more!

I need to do the exercise bit too Neen... have decided thats my thing for June... setting my alarm to get up & do 30 day shred before work & try to fit in some swimming too. Its the easiest bit to let slide but the hardest to start u again!

Hows yr day been?

Well something is happening, I am getting that terrible Atkins breath and that horrible metallic taste in my mouth:yuk:. Now chewing gum is out may have to resort to walking everywhere with my toothbrush and toothpaste:brushing teeth::D.

tranquil x

LOL TB!! I am going to brush after meals and drink more water...hopefully that will help with everything!
I have a set of american cup measures so I dutifully measured my cauli tonight!! Very small portion compared to my usual!!!
Still I had a decent meal amount and much more in line with the hand size! And it was fine, filling enough etc. So I am hopeful that I can keep doing that and hopefully shift some weight before my sons birthday party when we see a lot of family again x
Glad you are enjoying your food!
I got stuff to make MIMs and Almond bread and I can't wait to have a bash at those!! And also an oopsie read base pizza!! (not all for the same week though!!!)

Morning ladies!

Was so not hungry yesterday infact had to force myself to eat or I'd have been way too low on carbs & cals... am hoping for a slightly hungrier day today!!

Was rewarded by finally getting into the 11's today! Less than a stone to goal now... does it feel real? No! Does it feel like I've come this far? No!

We're off camping for the weekend & not cooking for one night of it plus there will be plenty of doritios floating around for sure... so a good test for me, plus its my first camp post op, so little pouch please be kind!!

Have a fab day y'all hope to catch up laters. x

Morning all,

Im starting next week as ive had lots of business this week and hotel stop overs so its not ideal for 1st week of atkins.

Ill be stocking up on some handy stuff i had before like:-
1. mattessons sausage (zero carbs)
2. sf jelly & double cream
3. pork scratchings (small bags)
4. fridge raiders
5. babybel
6. farmer blacks sausages

Hardest part of all for me this time is breakfast. I struggle with eggs since the band, so ive got to look at cooking extra the previous evening and having left-overs.

MiM's are great for brekkie... I tend to have natural yogurt with protein powder mixed in, yogurts not officially allowed in induction but I'm on much higher carbs but if you count the carbs I can't see how it would harm. x

Wow I could only eat half! I did it as per the basic recipe and I am already planning some tweaks!
So cool though!!
I think I like the idea of making it as a square slice by microwaving it on a tupperware box lid...I should think easier to eat (toasted with butter) and up the cinnamon and splenda a tiny bit.....oooh I wonder if you could make eggy bread with it? I'm guessing yes!

It's exciting to have that carby hit without ruining things. I have been glued to your recipe thread on Minis!

I have been low carbing also, still on Induction. Most days I have less than 10 carbs plus I drink 64 ounces water. It seems like the more water I drink the faster the scales move down! :rolleyes:

I've been low-carbing for ages and have just discovered a product to replace milk, which is quite high in carbs but I can't do without milk in coffee. Its called Kara and is very low carb - its coconut milk and is half the calories of milk, is dairy, gluten and soya free. It tastes great in coffee.

Kara is coconut milk and is quite tasty. I use a lot of almond milk, unsweetened, mainly the chocolate and plain. It's creamy and low in carbs also - here's in nutrition info:
Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk - Shelf Stable 32oz Box (Blue Diamond Natural)
Serving Size: 1 cup, Calories: 40, Fat: 3.5g, Carbs: 2g, Protein: 1g

Hiya Bruce!! Lovely to meet you xxx The induction carbs on the new Atkins is now 20g a day from green veggies..maybe that would help vary it a bit for you!
I have a lot of trouble remembering to drink enough water!!
Almond milk sounds lovely! I will have to have a hunt for some...think I spotted some on an online health food store...but I am going to one tomorrow when I go out so will definately try and buy some !
I got some coconoil yesterday (extra virgin coconut oil) after someone from the Minis Atkins forum was recommending it...smells good and I can't wait to start using it in cooking (and all sorts of other uses) seems a bit of a wonder product!

I will post the pics I took of the muffin from yesterday with the basic recipe later on x

OK I finally made my oopsie rolls this morning and I bring pics!! Well one of the oopsies and one of the mim I made the other day
My Oopsies! I had a couple with sugar free lemon curd and cream
vey noice!
I am going to tweak them now I know how to make them..definately going to add stuff like parmesan/herbs to make a proper savoury batch and splenda/cocoa/coconut etc to make a sweet batch next time and keep them flatter
oopsies.jpg

Oopsie recipe here btw
Im baaaack! With Ooopsie roll recipe (lifesaver!) - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

My Mim!
mim.jpg

MiM recipes here
MiM's & flaxseed recipes - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

I think definately going to do them bread slice shape because that was hard going muffin shape!
I want a choc one! :D Do you just add cocoa instead of cinnamon or is it more involved? I have some ground flax, brazil nut and walnut meal I got from Julian Graves the other day..I reckon that would make a lovely choc mim

Back