• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Atkins in Post op land!

The New You Atkins is the most recent as is robably the most flexible one... the old DANDR one is the one that is the most ruthless. x

Fine, i had a bad weekend last week-trying to run before i could crawl lol.
Ive lost almost 3 st including pre op diet so its coming off. I was beginning to think about long term eating and things when this thread came up. I had thought the advice was what i thought Atkins was so will get the book (on sale in Amazon) and have a read for when im eating a wee bit more lol.
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

How are you, you had your op last year how have you found it all?

I did that too... felt great so did too much too early, you soon learn!

I've had a fairly easy ride of it no probs really. I lost 60lbs pre op via Atkins & have had to follow suit post op too. I have just had a long stall so am pleased to have lost again finally this week!

Well done on yr 3 stone thats amazing. x

I've been low-carbing for ages and have just discovered a product to replace milk, which is quite high in carbs but I can't do without milk in coffee. Its called Kara and is very low carb - its coconut milk and is half the calories of milk, is dairy, gluten and soya free. It tastes great in coffee.

Also just discovered Shirataki noodles which are fab in stir fries or as replacement for spaghetti. They are made from vegetables (yam) and perform just like noodles in the cooking process and have virtually no fat and hardly any carbs - I cannot eat a whole serving but a regular serving has the following:
Serving size 4 oz, 112g
Calories: 20
Fat calories 5
total fat: .5g
sat 0
trans 0
cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 15
Carbs: 3g
Fiber 2g
sugars o
protein 1g
Vit A: 0
C: 2%
Calcium 10%
Iron: 2%

They are japanese so unfortunately the only place I've found them are online - I got mine from Amazon

In and out of ketosis a lot this weekend! Weird huh but I used the test sticks to be sure

Protein shakes knock me out...not so much the bars but I don't want to have too many of them.

I had s/f choc angel delight for a treat pud yesterday with a generous sprinkle of coconut on the top!! So yummy!!
Be more atkins friendly made with water/cream rather than milk next time. Not making with all undiluted cream as it goes like cement!!

I actually was able to eat at the BK in the shopping village food court with the family (once or twice a year when we get the school shoes we stop in there after) and I had a bacon double cheeseburger...took off the top bun and used the bottom one as a plate then binned both buns after. And just had a black coffee to drink. Was lovely!!

I wouldn't rely on the sticks Neen, they're not made for testing ketosis & are pretty unreliable on that front.

BK sounds lovely...

BTW sugar free angel delight has 11.5g carbs in 1/2 pack, not sure how many yr on but if yr doing induction thats alot of yr 20g to be using hun. xx

Back