• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Avatar Pics - request to make them private

Samsara

Hello - following Big Dee's recent post about her avatar being seen on google images when "gastric wrap" was put in the search box, is it possible for the site to create a check box so we can make our avatar pictures private to members only (like you can with the profile picture)? And if not, why not?

We quite like to share our faces with each other but not necessarily the big bad world! :eek: Thanks x

would the obvious solution not be to have something youre happy to be public as your avatar and something you want to be members only as your profile picture?

Not really! You only see the profile picture if you click through on to someone's profile and I rarely do that - do you? When you are having a conversation - you get to see a little pic on the posters side bar which I think is quite nice - put a face to a name :) Hope that makes sense!

Not really! You only see the profile picture if you click through on to someone's profile and I rarely do that - do you? When you are having a conversation - you get to see a little pic on the posters side bar which I think is quite nice - put a face to a name :) Hope that makes sense!

i haven't made 50 posts so i cant see profiles etc anyway, it doesn't bother me either way what the persons avatar is of.. face pic/cartoon/socks (mines some stripy socks on another forum i use lol) i guess its just personal preference. it just seems to me that you're asking for a change to the forum as a whole that might not ever happen/be possible, when actually it might be simpler if you just alter your own use of the existing site facilities? :)

Back