• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

B12 injections

Andrea73

Just wondering if anyone else on here has issues with b12. I get my injections every 3 months but after about 6 weeks the tiredness kicks in again and I'm sleeping by about 7.30! It feels like I need another boost. Does anyone have these injections more often??

Tia x

Currently having mine every 8 weeks but also have to take a daily slow release B12 tablet too. At my next hospital appt, they're considering making mine every 4 weeks depending on what my blood tests show. To be honest, they don't make much difference to me, I have between 10 & 12 hours sleep a day, need at least an hour Sat in bed once I wake up before I have the energy to move and often drop off to sleep again just after dinner - about 6.30 ish for at least an hour, then struggle to wake up properly for 30 mins or so.

Thanks for replying. Why and how did you go about getting the injections more regular? Did you have to get you b12 levels rechecked? X

I had a detailed chat with the practice nurse who gives me the injection, due to different symptoms. I was ok for a couple of weeks after having my b12, but from then I would start getting a blood blister in my mouth every couple of days and by the time my next jab was due, I would be getting two or three of them everyday, as well as at least one ulcer a week, blurred vision and pins and needles in my hands and feet. She suggested having it every four weeks but to check what my team said first. They insisted to try it every eight weeks until my next appt, then they would review. The nurse wasn't happy, so suggested sticking to the eight weeks as my team said, plus buy a decent b12 slow release to try and back it up until my next appt.

Hi Andrea - I have the exact same problem. Currently sat on the sofa ready for bed at half 8 and I've already slept in late and had a sleep this afternoon! Getting my bloods done on Wednesday with hopes that something will turn up so I can get my shots more frequently. Will let you know how I get on x

If anyone else has any experience with this can you let us know?! I thought I was just being dramatic ha.

I get my b12 injection every 8 weeks
also on vitamin d tablets daily and a 20,000mg tablet once a month
feel like am rattling ha ha
my hospital does my bloods often & tells me what i need.
I am always tired afterwards but i juts put that down to running around
after my kiddies ha ha
Danni x

Back