• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back from 2nd fill

BlueDiamond

Hi guys and gals , as some of you are aware I was going for my 2nd fill today .

Well..... I was informed by the surgeon that my port has turned (yet again) even though he managed to do the fill he said next time he prob may not be able too ( I will worry about that when I go next) , I didnt wait as long as I anticipated - The surgeon took out 2.5 mils ( Had 3 put in when I was on the operating table) and he put back in 4.4 mils and boy oh boy do I feel the restriction lol...............I am sipping away on my tomato soup ( 200mils) and cant swig it down like I could before this fill, even with first fill I could swig it down , Just goes to show wot a difference a good fill makes , anyhows its early days , hopefully this is a sign of good things too come, and as for the port flipping on its side , I will worry about that when (if I need to) have another fill. Thanks in advance for reading - Hope e1 is well xxx Julie xx

Oh lordy Julie!!! Not again!!! I think your attitude towards it is fantastic though..do what you can for now and cross the bridges when you get to them.
I hope that you can enjoy a nice long time of weight loss now and like you say, hopefully won't need another fill for ages.
Got everything crossed for you x

Great news hun! But why does your port keep flipping? Did he suggest what he could do if it has flipped again for the next fill?

Great news hun! But why does your port keep flipping? Did he suggest what he could do if it has flipped again for the next fill?

hello ty for your input Kay. He didnt suggest anything and tbh I didnt ask :rolleyes:, with the first flippage I had to have the port resighted, so I guess unless he cant fill it I would have to have the port resighted again, but as I sed in my post I will worry about that IF the need arises as I dont wanna be worrying now until the next fill (thats if I need one) whats gonna happen, I just do me upmost now to lose some weight and see where it goes from here.....ty once again for your input.

Neen, ty for your input as well.....Least I got a fill this time LoL
;)

I'm guessing your port is down round waist level then Julie?
Hopefully you can lose a nice big chunk of your remaining weight before you have to worry about port relocation, but long term it sounds like it might be better as mine is stitched to my chest muscles and it's pretty visible now and then so it doesn't look like it has room to move...at least I hope not anyway !
I'm so relieved for you hun xxxx Hopefully you'll have the nice Christmas pressie of some serious pounds coming off x

I'm guessing your port is down round waist level then Julie?

Yes it is neen.

Hopefully you can lose a nice big chunk of your remaining weight before you have to worry about port relocation, but long term it sounds like it might be better as mine is stitched to my chest muscles and it's pretty visible now and then so it doesn't look like it has room to move...at least I hope not anyway !
I'm so relieved for you hun xxxx Hopefully you'll have the nice Christmas pressie of some serious pounds coming off x

Mine is stitched as well, cant figure out how its flipped on its side....Could have been worse could have been upside down like last time, even the surgeon was baffled as he was the one that stitched it into place.... Yes Hopefully I will lose some weight...tbh I dont care if its the bare minimum, as long as its something as its been a long time coming , thank you for your kind words xx

Congrats on getting your fill, youve waited long enough for it and I hope it has the desired effect and you can re-start the loosing :D XX

Good luck Julie and keep us posted Angel... thank you for all your love and support & sending this right back to you.

Loving hugs and every good wish as always xxx

Hi Julie - Pleased that you had your 2nd fill.

You certainly have had some problems with your ports, I hope they settle down for you now. You`re very stoic about not worrying about your port in the future, you have a great attitude Julie.

All the best with your weight loss hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Hi Julie - Pleased that you had your 2nd fill.

You certainly have had some problems with your ports, I hope they settle down for you now. You`re very stoic about not worrying about your port in the future, you have a great attitude Julie.

I have to take this attitude Kat coz tbh I cant be doing wiv worrying for the next 3/6/9 months (how long it ever takes for my next fill etc) to be worrying would I/wouldnt I need another port resighting, he managed to fill my band today and I will see where I go from here Hun .....thats why I will worry about it If/When the times comes..Thanks for your comments x x;)

All the best with your weight loss hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

bettybeep20135.gif

Well I'm glad he managed to fill it today. it sounds like you have great restriction now so I hope you'll soon be shedding those pounds again. You did so well at first and I'm sure you will again. You have such a great mental attitude to it all. I'm with you all the way!
Grace xxx

:eek: and I thought I was unlucky on the port flipping business!!

the trouble with mine was they never could get the needle in so I never had a 'proper' fill :rolleyes:

well done on keeping upbeat about the situation Julie :)

Yvonne xx

Hi guys and gals , as some of you are aware I was going for my 2nd fill today .

Well..... I was informed by the surgeon that my port has turned (yet again) even though he managed to do the fill he said next time he prob may not be able too ( I will worry about that when I go next) , I didnt wait as long as I anticipated - The surgeon took out 2.5 mils ( Had 3 put in when I was on the operating table) and he put back in 4.4 mils and boy oh boy do I feel the restriction lol...............I am sipping away on my tomato soup ( 200mils) and cant swig it down like I could before this fill, even with first fill I could swig it down , Just goes to show wot a difference a good fill makes , anyhows its early days , hopefully this is a sign of good things too come, and as for the port flipping on its side , I will worry about that when (if I need to) have another fill. Thanks in advance for reading - Hope e1 is well xxx Julie xx

Glad you have some restriction now Julie. My first fill wasnt nice my port had turned on its side but the nurse had real problems. Eventually the surgeon came in to do and it was OK. Dreaded the next one, but now we know which way round it was everything was fine.

Hi Julie
Glad you got your fill but bad news about the port :cry: Hope you can manage to lose some weight now - you really deserve it!
you can still lose a fair bit for Xmas. keep thinking of a little black dress!
loads of love
Jo xX

Back