• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad blood test results?

shelleymarie

Last week I was really suffering with sickness and upset tummy, my GP was concerned and did some blood tests. I'm feeling much better now and managing to eat and drink like normal for 3 weeks post op. The tests came back today and she called to tell me that two things have shown on the tests saying I have abnormal liver function. She did an exam today and found I had some tenderness where the liver is but I said that I'm still tender all across the top of my stomach but she wants me to go to hospital tomorrow for more blood tests. Obviously whatever it is it can't be urgent as it can wait until tomorrow but of course the mention of liver function has got me a bit concerned. Has anyone else had problems with their liver post surgery? I'm hoping it is all just related to whatever was wrong last week and now it would have sorted it self but really just curious if anyone else has had a similar problem? or just in general a problem shown up in blood test results? Thanks x

Gallstones can give you abnormal LFT's - and vomiting, 30% more likely in the first 6 months post op? Did she say anything about Gallstones or an ultra sound scan?
Hope you are feeling better now xxx

I was feeling much better thank you, until yesterday and it started up again but now feel better again today. My diet has stayed the same so I'm confused as to what is going on. I've not had the blood test results back yet but it's not related to gallstones as I had my gallbladder out a couple of years ago. The pain was when she pushed down. My doctor said nothing about other tests but hopefully will get the results to the second lot of blood tests today. Thanks for the reply :) x

Back