• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad experience

icey

Im now 4wks post op, i had chicken 2 nights ago and i though i had chewed it lots & lots i was violently sick :( no vegetables come up only chicken!

Not having a fill until the 18th sept, still cant eat lots my weight hasnt really gone down though ive stayed the same well im now -32lbs.
My posr scar has had an infection too, i swear i have been doomed with this baned its been 1 thing after another.
Cant wait to get on the plane on sunday :)

karen x

Oh no, poor you!

Had you tried other meats before trying the chicken? My provider has given me an order in which to approach meat after the mushy stage:
1st: lean mince
2nd: stewed steak/casseroled meat
3rd: wafer thin sliced meat
4th: chicken thigh or turkey leg
5th: lean sausage
6th: lean bacon
7th: chicken or turkey breast
8th: beef/pork/lamb

Maybe going back to softer meats and building from there would help?

Hope things pick up for you soon x

meats are relly difficult to eat post band chicken I found one of the worst although others its there best. I found mince and beef products easiest for me but chicken sausages and any reformed meat very very bad

Hi Karen, can't offer any words of wisdom as I'm only 3 weeks post band, but from one Somerset lady to another lol I hope it sorts itself soon for you, I've been lucky in that anything I've tried I've been fine with (even had a slice of toast) but my weight has stayed the same for the past two weeks, similar to you. It's a bit disheartening but I'm sure we will get there in the end :)

Tonight i had cottage pie and that was fine.
I was probably eating too fast even though iam trying to count and take it slow and chew lots. That the only bad experience ive had with food.
I measured myself from week 1, when ive not lost any weight ive still measured smaller which is a bonus :O)
Its nice to know where its coming off and pleased to say my ass and boobs are disappearing lol x

Sorry to hear you are not too good at the moment... Hope all goes well for you soon...x

Glad things are improving, and all this is a good warning for people like me who have all this to come...

Back