• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

letter to my gp

kellyhymas

Well today i got a letter that the nurse sent from sunderland hospital to my gp a little about history etc. Just wondering is this good or bad lol???

My appointments have been as follows:

seminar at sunderland MAY 4TH 2011 - was weighed 17 stone 1 pound.

Had bloods done by gp who sent to sunderland hospital. 17 stone 11 pound.

FIRST APPOINTMENT - sunderland with nurse and dietician, SEPT 7th 2011.
decided a sleeve or bypass would best suit. given weighloss of one stone as i had put on between seminar and this appointment! :cry:

Got a copy of the letter the nurse sent to my gp just noting everything at the appoints and choice of bypass/ sleeve. so the letter looks promising but my weight is now 18stone 5. it is just going up and up. its driving me crazy. i know how important it is to loose this weight. i have took some notes on some pre op diets and im going to try to stick to some of them.
this is this weeks food planner.
Tuesday -
BREAKFAST 2 weetabix.
LUNCH 1 slice bread 4 slices bacon.
TEA - small chicken breast, veg and 4 small new potatoes.

Wednesday
BREAKFAST- 1 toast
LUNCH- half pitta bread, chicken and lettuce
TEA - Jacket potato with 60g cheese salad

Thursday
BREAKFAST - 25g porridge
LUNCH- half pitta bread, 4oz tuna and lettuce
TEA - 2 boiled eggs, salad, 4 new potatoes

Friday -
BREAKFAST - 25g alpen cereal
LUNCH - 2 crisp bread, cheese, salad
TEA - 2 TBS rice small chicken breast, vegetables.

How does that sound? i really need this operation, i really need to shift this weight. i feel that am hungry all the time and i cant shift the feelings of wanting something sweet aghhh!!!!

i did start out at 21 stone 9lb and got down to 16 stone 9. but then it stalled and it went back on. slowly but surely. As a family we have made huge changes. no chip pan, nothing fried. changed to low fat spread, no cooking oil when cooking, from white bread to wholemeal.

Guess i will weigh in next week and see how it has gone. x

Just wondered what stage am at now for those that have had this done? thank you

xxpigsgalorexx

Now you have your target you have something to work towards, you need to try to reach the level they want for your next appointment which should be with one of the Surgeons.... ! I didn't need psych referral, endoscopy or sleep tests so think on the whole I have been quite straight forward. I had gained about 2lbs from Seminar to my 1st appointment with Kim but managed to hit the target for my Surgeon appointment x x

kellyhymas

yeah my letter is signed from kim. am from bishop auckland not far from you. How long was wait was it for you between kim and surgeon? have you got your date Anna or are you on the list. I think am getting sleeve. so i dont think you need the endoscopy. but i had my gall bladder 2008 i think it was and had one then. however i sleep okay so how do they know if they refer you to the psych? when would they decide on that? x

xxpigsgalorexx

yeah my letter is signed from kim. am from bishop auckland not far from you. How long was wait was it for you between kim and surgeon? have you got your date Anna or are you on the list. I think am getting sleeve. so i dont think you need the endoscopy. but i had my gall bladder 2008 i think it was and had one then. however i sleep okay so how do they know if they refer you to the psych? when would they decide on that? x

Hi, Yes I am just up the road in South Shields lol. I think the referrals are based on the questionnaires you fill in at the appointment with Kim. I has my appointment with Kim in Janaury and then met Mr Mahawar in May. I am on the list and have been told that I should be having op mid November (15th), but this is not confirmed yet, but at least it is something to work towards. I don't think that they routinely do an endoscopy for sleevies, but I suppose it is all down to your personal circumstances :) x x x

xxpigsgalorexx

You too.... I am sure it won't be long :D x x

Big an Bouncy

I would cut some of the carbs down and larger portions of chicken etc fill up with home made soup and have Ryvita with fruit in with peanut butter on as a sweet treat.Get Whole Earth pnb as it is sugar free!

jema

I would definately cut down on the carbs. I've lost 51lbs in the last 17 weeks. This is a typical day for me:
BREAKFAST
100g muesli with low fat yoghurt instead of milk
LUNCH
bowl of salad (leaves, tomato, cucumber) with lf mayo and slice of lean meat
TEA
stir fry veg (pack from Tesco with added mushrooms), strips of turkey (leaner than chicken) mixed with a pack of stir fry sauce
I have a piece of fruit if I feel hungry. I drink a glass of water before each meal and drink black coffee in between
If I have bread, I only have 1 slice per day. Spicy food helps speed your metabolism. Fruit and fruit juice count towards your calorie intake, so watch them.
Good luck
I'm from Bishop too!

kellyhymas

wow thats brilliant. well done. am going to look up about carbs and a way of reducing them i thought i had a good week but weigh in this morning is just the same. but i am having a lot of carbs. jacket for lunch and tea. So am prob not helping myself. x

kellyhymas

can anyone just tell me which carbs that i should eat less off? and which cut down a lot on etc? as i really dont have a clue. like whats the best veg to eat? is it okay to have onions with lettuce and tomatoes for a salad? i just feel like all i eat is potatoe and bread lol

Suzanne5000

Six Month Post Op
Any salad stuff is okay i think i dont think anything has any calories or bad stuff in lettuce, peppers, red onion, cucumber, tomatos....try to cut down on the potatoes and bread .. i know its very filling lol!

not sure about the carbs just try cut them down in general and eat lots of protein chicken is good!

hope this helps!

Tatiana

Anything that grows under the ground will contain both calories and carbs so you do have to be careful when your planning your meals and including these items.

I have said before that, for my hospital, the pre-op liver shrinkage diet doesn't allow any root vegetables and includes veggies such as onions, beetroot and peas in the banned list!

Tatiana

kellyhymas

kellyhymas @hotmail.com thank you so much. i really need to try and get some weight off. i think its the carbs stopping me. x my email doesnt have any spaces. x