• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad habits

Billie.x

HI everyone
I've been banded 3 months and 2 weeks now. I've lost 3stone 5lbs. I have 8mls in a 15 ml band.
I think I have some restriction on normal food eg dinners as I can only eat small portions.
My problem is I'm feeling hungry after the small portions and eating crap which goes down easy like crisps and chocolate !!! Had a bad day today- example is
Breakfast 30G fruit and fibre (ate half)
Lunch Spaghetti carbonara (half a microwave meal)
Dinner McDonald's happy meal (half chips & 1 bite chicken nugget)
I don't normally eat McDonald's often just a treat as I took the children I nanny for there.

So throughout the day I ate half a banana, some crisps and half a family size chocolate bar !!!!

This is not good. Do I need another fill ?
I know I need to cut out the crap. I was thinking of trying to eat more protein and veggys to fill up.
I feel like a twat having this op and eating **** !!!

Xxx

Hi hun

No a fill won't help as you have restriction. The slider foods like chocolate will just go down regardless ! I've been banded for 13 months now and I've slipped into the chocolate habit again ... I really need to reign it in before I start putting the weight back on!

Good Luck xxxxx

Yes same here chocolate goes down far to easy,
can't do crisps.

Do you like porridge, if so have it with full milk instead of semi etc, this fills you up and you dont seem to want the chocolate.
Sounds strange but it seems to work.

Thanks for your replies.
I do like porridge I will try that for breakfast next week.
Going to go food shopping and plan my weeks lunch and snacks so I'm prepared !
Any ideas for lunches ?? I'm stuck for much variety xx

Back