• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bad times :(

mandym1

Hi everyone Ive not been on here for a while. Although I want surgery I have to complete 1 year on a weight management programme. I had a good start but Ive put it all back on now and then some I'm so fed up
cry.gif

I have my 3rd appointement on Wednesday at the hospital and I'm so embarrassed because Ive done so badly. I had lost weight at my last appointment. But then I think, well isnt that why I am going to them for help...? If I havent lost at weekly slimming club meetings how can I loose with 1 appointment every 3 months? Oh I dont know if I'm making excuses, I'm just feeling so low at the moment :(
Has anyone heard from Big an Bouncy?

Stop beating yourself up, there's enough 'fat haters' out there to do that for you.... So you've had a hard time with the diet, as you say (and rightly so) if we cant lose weight with weekly weigh in's what the heck is a 3 monthly weigh in gonna do?

Seriously go for your appt and be honest, get yourself back in the saddle. Jump through all their hoops and do whatever it takes to get your surgery xxx

Feeling your pain flower.... I lost about 9lbs the first couple of months of weight management and have maintained for the rest of my time. Stick with it and let us know how you get on hunny.xxx

If weight management worked then none of us would have needed the surgery. At least it proves that you do need the surgery. When I had my first appointment at the Homerton they said to me that most people there could lose weight but that they had problems keeping it off which was why WLS was being offered if everything else had failed.

That does sound like a pretty disheartening process to put you through. But it also proves the 'can get it off but can't keep it off' theory and reason for surgery.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Rosejohnson said it in one. If we could all keep the weight off that we manage to lose on these countless diets we have all been on all of our lives none of us would ever need surgery. We are on merry-go-rounds lose some, put it back on and more, lose some, put back on and more etc etc.

Mandym1
Be honest and dont worry you are only showing them you really do need their help.

Thats an awful process, if I could have lost a load of weight in a year, then I wouldn't have needed the surgery, this just proves how Hospitals make their own rules up. :(

Hi Mandy its me!Like the others said you have done as they asked and shown you can lose weight but cant keep it off longterm,same as most on here.I am still waiting to hear about funding,which was applied for at end of January!Im now up to 19st 3lb after losing 3st last year.Keep in touch.Maz x

Hi I too did a year at weight management clinic but was seen more regularly than you are. I lost 3 stone but as soon as they started to reintroduce food it all went back on and more. Hence going for surgery. Good luck with the journey hope it doesn't drag on too long for you.

Thanks everyone it just shows I should come on here more often. Ive really been worrying but feel much better after all your comments. :)

Hi Marion, you have been waiting a while. Any indication how long before you get an answer?

Thanks again everyone :thankyou:

Nope,but the doc said he will try his very best for me as I would be a good candidate for wls.My gynea consultant has also backed my application with a letter, so two consultants fighting my corner.Maz x

Been there done that! Go easy on yourself .... loosing weight and keeping it off can be soul destroying! Chin up and dont giving up giving up! x

Back