• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band and hiatal hernia repair together

Mio

I just wondered if anyone else had had this done before?

I have a hiatal hernia where the stomach is being pushed up through my diapragm because of a tear in the muscle. This is going to be repaired at the same time as my band and I'm a bit worried. Obviously the band will restrict food going into my stomach and I'm really nervous that if I eat it will force my stomach up and pop open my hernia again!

I know it probably sounds sillly but I can't help worrying about it :)

hi. I had my op nine days ago. Band and hernia repair. I feel great! Much better as no acid either even though I am eating far less. Not sure about you, but I think I used to eat more to try and keep the acid at bay. Went back to work five days after op. Just try to be careful not to lift anything! Otherwise I am sure you will be fine. Relax and reap the benefits of the band x

I had Hiatal Hernia repair and POSE during the same procedure last February. I had to eat liquids, then pureed foods for a while anyway because of the POSE, but have not had a single problem with the hernia repair. It's great not to have heartburn any longer!

Thanks both! Great to hear from people who've gone through it, definitely put mymind at rest a bit :) Am going to go and stay with my mum for a bit after the op to help reduce the possibility of putting it under any strain but am now really excited about the op again *lol*

Back