• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass and hernia repair on 6 September

Well today I got a new date for my op. 6 Sept I'll be having a gastric bypass and hiatus hernia repair.

Was due a sleeve. First op was cancelled mid May on the day of surgery due to no beds, then mid June I had my surgery only to wake up in recovery and be told I had a hernia which needed repairing. As they hadn't consented me for this they woke me up. Now say a bypass will be better as will prevent hernia forming again.

Mixed emotions, in change in op, but I've signed the consent forms and now waiting for 6 Sept. Starting milk diet on Monday.

Fingers crossed third time lucky. Keep you informed how I get on xx

Definitely third time lucky! Is there anything in particular you are concerned about in regards to a bypass? I had my heart set on a sleeve as well, but changed it to a bypass following discussions with my surgeon (main reason in my case was my bad reflux).

Fingers crossed for a straightforward journey from here on out x

Well today I got a new date for my op. 6 Sept I'll be having a gastric bypass and hiatus hernia repair.

Was due a sleeve. First op was cancelled mid May on the day of surgery due to no beds, then mid June I had my surgery only to wake up in recovery and be told I had a hernia which needed repairing. As they hadn't consented me for this they woke me up. Now say a bypass will be better as will prevent hernia forming again.

Mixed emotions, in change in op, but I've signed the consent forms and now waiting for 6 Sept. Starting milk diet on Monday.

Fingers crossed third time lucky. Keep you informed how I get on xx

Definitely 3rd time lucky! Best of luck and can't wait to hear how you get on xx

Definitely third time lucky! Is there anything in particular you are concerned about in regards to a bypass? I had my heart set on a sleeve as well, but changed it to a bypass following discussions with my surgeon (main reason in my case was my bad reflux).

Hi Tia, like you set on a sleeve and just got it in to my head. The bypass just seems a bigger op with more to go wrong.. worrying needlessly I think. I know I need it done, I can't shift my weight myself, I've tried and due to pcos suffer metabolic stasis. After 2 stone my hormones play up and struggle to lose more. At least with a bypass my food won't get down to where the hormones are so should be able to actually continue losing weight.

Hopefully my recovery time will be the same for bypass as sleeve.

6th September will be here before you know it!

Back