• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Incisional Hernia repair

Brunetteandred

Officially a loser
Hi,

Has anyone had to have a repair to an incisional hernia? Incisional hernias can be a fairly common complication of open procedure surgery.

I was wondering if anyone has had one repaired a) how was it done - open or keyhole procedure and b) how long your recovery time was?

Many thanks in advance.

didn't wont to read and run
haven't had one done but do think its done keyhole as remember someone on fat dr's having one done. recovery if keyhole is probably six weeks or so. sure someone will be around to let you know.
you look brill by the way hope once its over you can enjoy your weight loss even more. good luck angela

Ali
xx

Well where do i start i have had 3 hernia repairs now but they where not the ones you describe, but as for healing and so it depends on the hernia as to whether its keyhole or not, and also whether you are a fast healer or not ive only ever been in for a couple of days to repair all the ones i have had done, but usually within 4 weeks im near enough back to normal.
Hope this helps gis a shout if you need to know anymore:)

Sharon xx

Don't know anything about them Red - but i hope someone comes along a lets you know the information you need. As for recovery - i think it will be something similar to your op but obviously not as bad.

Sending you special hugs and fairy dust to make you stronger and feeling better xx

i have a nice big one which has become noticable since surgery, whether i had it before or since i'm not quite sure...as i've lost a fair chunk of me now, who knows, but i'm hoping once at goal, i can have the hernia fixed with a tummy tuck chucked in to get rid of any loose skin at the same time

Hiya .

when I had my gall bladder op in sept a lady in the opposite bed has hernia repair and she went in @ 7am and left @ 5pm, was only a day case.

All the best - MeJulie x x

Back