• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band and mad head tablets

girty

Hi, I am going to get my band in the next month but just thought what about my mad head tablets. I am taking Prozac and another one I can't spell for anxiety and depression. Now I am sure the meds themselves won't hurt but while I am on the liquids only bit will I manage two small tablets? I apologise if I offend anyone by referring to my meds as mad head tablets but I try to see the glass as half full xxx

Hi

Double check with your provider but I took tablets straight away, no issues.

I also take Prozac and I only missed taking them for the one night I was in hospital after my bypass. I started taking them again the next night (I take them before bed), but just made sure to take them with sips of water, not a big gulp. You should be fine, they sent me home with my painkillers in tablet form, so it is safe to take them post-op. Just make sure not to gulp!

I'm on velafaxine, took tablets all the way through just fine. Although I was on 2 slow release in the morning and am now on 1 normal release in the morning, one normal release in the evening because with my post op especially recovery time toilet habits they didn't have time to dissolve and were appearing in the loo! (sorry, too much info)

Likewise I am on two small tablets a day and i was given these in the hospital 4 hours after my op!

I've had no problems with tablets till today. I had 3 capsules, not as big as some tablets & they got stuck. Most unpleasant!! I had a fill 6 days ago which took me to 8ml in a 10ml band & I'm hoping it'll settle down

Back