• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band Erosion

jinxy

:cry:

Hi, All

My band has no restriction at all. I have had a barium xray and I con confirm it has eroded. And, yes i have regined 80% of the weight which i tried soo hard to loose!
Anyway,I have recently lost my job due due to health reasons and i am unable to work. My band has to be removed, has anyone managed to get funding for this on the nhs to remove a band?
Has anyone had a band removed and another type of surgery at the same time??

I would love to hear any advice, good or bad

Aw Jinxie Im so sorry to hear this.

Have you been referred anywhere yet or just back to your GP?

Sorry no words of wisdom :hug99:

Good luck x

Sorry to hear the band hasnt worked for you, I have never heard of anyone having band removed and another procedure at same time, If my memory serves me correct a few people on here have had their bands removed and recovery time and then new date for surgery. hth XX

Yes, there was a lady in the group therapy sessions i attended whose band had eroded, the nhs were taking it out and revising her to another type of surgery. This was one of the biggest reasons I have opted for a bypass, i originally wanted a band but the revision rates are about 20%. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

Hi Jinxie ,

I am so sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your band.
I hope you find the help and support you need on this site.

Love Marie. xoxox

Hi i had a band and it eroded into my stomach (all the way in) i had it out in May10 and i had my sleeve April this year, i wanted a bypass but because of scare tissue they could not do the bypass, i was luck to get the sleeve. my band never worked from day 1. good luck hope it goes well for you.xx

This scares me being a relatively new bander. Why do they erode? Is it our fault or just bad luck? Jinxie I hope you get sorted out it must be really hard going through all this and not having success at the end. x

I am going to my Gp today to find out about removal on the Nhs, they didnt know and have been looing into it! I will let you know, thank you for the support. I am mega angry with the entire situation. I am back to sqaure one. :cry:

I am going to my Gp today to find out about removal on the Nhs, they didnt know and have been looing into it! I will let you know, thank you for the support. I am mega angry with the entire situation. I am back to sqaure one. :cry:
I felt the same it took me 6 years to get my band taken out, 6 wasted years.
Fingers crossed they get back to you with good news.xx

Jinxy there was a girl having her band removed and then bypassed all at the same time when my mam was having her surgery. I would request to have this done rather than just be left with nothing. xx

Update

Had xrays today, my band has eroded half way.
Options
1 - surgery now, hopefully laprascopic to remove it, but I am experiencing pain, cost would be £6k

2 - Chase to have it removed on the NHS, could take a while, im an pain, may meen bigger op.

My surgen has left 10ml in a 14 ml band at the moment, it is half eroded, one half is still on the outer of my stomach. Surgeon wants me to put up with the pain as long as possible, to allow the band to fully erode onto my stomach. If the band has fully eroded surgry is easier.The band is removed up your throat. But this could take time, I am in pain, and Private is costly.

Any ideas?? Help?? Advice??:cry:

Can't really help you but a friend of mine had her band removed on nhs and then paid private to have the sleeve all in the same op! Hope you get sorted soon xxxx

Had xrays today, my band has eroded half way.
Options
1 - surgery now, hopefully laprascopic to remove it, but I am experiencing pain, cost would be £6k

2 - Chase to have it removed on the NHS, could take a while, im an pain, may meen bigger op.

My surgen has left 10ml in a 14 ml band at the moment, it is half eroded, one half is still on the outer of my stomach. Surgeon wants me to put up with the pain as long as possible, to allow the band to fully erode onto my stomach. If the band has fully eroded surgry is easier.The band is removed up your throat. But this could take time, I am in pain, and Private is costly.

Any ideas?? Help?? Advice??:cry:
I had mine out through my throat it's a major opp, i stayed in hosp for a week after. i didn't have any pain with mine. good luck with what ever you choose.xx

Aw Jinxy

As you are in pain surely you wouldnt have to wait too long on the NHS, do you have a supportive GP - maybe he/she could push things for you?

Good luck x

What would happen if you turned up at a&e because of the pain? Might get things moving faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back