• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band filled when put in

Hi all,

I had my op on Thursday and am struggling at home! The nurse went through my notes when I was discharged but tbh I wasn't really taking much in! I have had a good read and it says I have a 10ml band which has already been filled with 4ml. I always though the bands were put in empty. Anyone else had a band filled straightaway? I had the op at THG with Mr Sigurdsson.

wow, i had no fill, but TBH i dont know what size my band was. I did intend to ask the surgeon but kept forgetting and post op I didnt care to ask any questions... how are you gettin on with yours. Take care and have a rapid recovery xx

I think it's one of those things that each individual surgeon has their own preference on. Mine was empty but I hope that this little fill you have in yours gets you off to a really fab start as it can be really hard for most of us without any in before the first few fills.
Got my fingers crossed for you x

Hi I was banded by THG too but by Mr Super. Mr Sigurdson is nown for putting some in at time off op! iv just had my first fill 5ml in a 10ml band. X

Hi there,

I had a 9.5ml band and they put two mls in on the op day which I didnt know about until I had my first proper fill. I think it just depends on the individual and the surgeon. I have had about 5 fills in total now and have 8.5mls in, which seems to have got me some good restriction.

Everyone is so different though. Some people only need one or two fills and they are off.

I had my op at THG with Mr Sigurdson i also have a 10 ml band but he did not put any fill in mine, I wish he had it may have made the begining easier. I wonder why !

I wonder whether it is to do with how tight it looks at the time. Like the size of your tummy or something. I expect mine must of been pretty loose so he put a couple of mls in. Only a guess because it has taken me so long and so many fills to tighten my band. X

i read in the healthier weight booklet i was given that the surgeon adds a little fluid to the band when he 'primes' it (ie washes it)

im still starving though nowadays!

Mr Sigurdssen gave me a 10 mil band and put 4mls in at time of surgery, he seems to be known for this.

Hi all,

I had my op on Thursday and am struggling at home! The nurse went through my notes when I was discharged but tbh I wasn't really taking much in! I have had a good read and it says I have a 10ml band which has already been filled with 4ml. I always though the bands were put in empty. Anyone else had a band filled straightaway? I had the op at THG with Mr Sigurdsson.

Some providers do put a fill in whilst your having the op. All depends on your providers technique tbh.

I had mine done with THG by mr Hewin 10ml band with a 4ml fill and i have been told that the fill at surgery is not always for restriction. our actual stomach organs are all different sizes and some need a fill at op to ensure the band sits snuggly in the position the surgeon wants it. The 4ml i had in didn't give me any real restriction after the swelling and everything settled altough 2 further fills and i have quite good restriction so on the plus side it would have probably meant 3-4 fills to get where i am now so thak god :D

Nice to see dr sig as plenty of
People with good feedback I'm getting
Very nervous xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back