• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band help

serenitylove

this more for anyone banded im one week 1 day post op and im getting a stabbing like pain on my right side nowhere near my stomach tho it kinda in the middle of my ribs and im not sure if it to do with my band or something else intirely it comes and goes but bloody hurts when it there anyone anyclue

Hi
I'm currently suffering with something simular as i get a stabbing pain in my left shoulder, i've been in contact with my consultant who's said this is a by product of any laproscopic surgery and almost certainly due to the gas they inflate your abdomen with, apparently its very common and not restricted to weight lose surgery ! and should subside over time.
If your concened and as your pain is lower down, contact your consultant and confirm.

Best wishes

Richard

I agree with Richard i had terrible stabbing pains for first few weeks and still do get it on and off when i have eaten too quickly or too much. Gripe water helped to ease it as did letting the wind out!!!!!!! hope it eases soon for you hun xx

thanks tammy i think you may have hit on someting with portion size im struggling with that at the moment so i may have eaten to much

hi
iwas having stabbing pain in my ribcage and the nurses told me it is probrly where the port is stiched to the muscle and if you bend too much or over do it then it creates this stabbing pain..
take some painkillers hun..
emma

Back