• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weird pain... help??

rose2022

Hi all, its been far too long since I posted but I'm calling on all banders for help!
I had my band fitted on August 14th and have lost 3.5 stone so far... iv been one of the lucky ones and have healed great but... since Friday I have had a horrible stabbing pain under my right rib when I bend, twist or sit down too quickly... the only thing I can think of that's changed is I had terrible hiccups on Friday night but I'm not sure it's related!?! My port is on the other side but all under my ribs is very tender. It could be completely unconnected to my band but it's my first thought whenever something is off.
I don't want to panic just yet and before a trip to my gp I thought I'd ask the experts... lol
Any advice!?!?
Wendy :-\ x

I'd say that stabbing pain (anywhere!) after WLS should always be investigated, and fast. Contact your team as soon as you possibly can. Hopefully it's no big deal, but you mustn't take chances with your health. All the best, and let us know how you get on x

Thanks girly, I know I should I'm just being a big chicken about it... not many people know about my surgery and I'm terrified incase it's something bad... I will let you know how it goes when I pluck up the courage to phone... x

Do phone them . . .no-one still need know about your surgery, but your provider is there to help you. I encountered a pain around my port/rib area and it was really painful even to breath, I actually called them, travelled up to see them and we learned it was a pain caused from doing a certain exercise in the gym LOL

It really maybe nothing, but do call, even if to put your mind at rest :) it doesn't mean anyone else still has to know . . .

Wishing you all the best and get yourself checked out at your gp's/local health authority xx

Back