• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band question

serenitylove

hi question for anyone who banded i had my second fill wednesday and have restriction although i wasnt expecting as band only half full is it possible it having the fill that may have made me swell hence restriction that will go or this the real thing im just not sure lol although one slice of toast making me feel bloated was good

hi i had my 1st fill yesterday, i have a 7 mil band and im also half full with a 3.5 fill. it sounds like its the real thing and the band should now start working properly. today i had a bowl of low fat chilli and could not eat it so mine seems to doing its job also.
its now trial and error to see what you can and cant eat at this level of restriction.
im going to have a small shepherds pie for tea, as i seem really tight. i hope the shepherds not offended that i took his pie off him lol:8855:

good luck with it

liz xx

hi i had my 1st fill yesterday, i have a 7 mil band and im also half full with a 3.5 fill. it sounds like its the real thing and the band should now start working properly. today i had a bowl of low fat chilli and could not eat it so mine seems to doing its job also.
its now trial and error to see what you can and cant eat at this level of restriction.
im going to have a small shepherds pie for tea, as i seem really tight. i hope the shepherds not offended that i took his pie off him lol:8855:

good luck with it

liz xx

ty liz i have a 14ml band with 7 mls in god i hope this it im getting all excted again now lol
im trying jacket spud tonight but if i see a rather cross looking shepard running around il know it your fault hehehe

i think im a little over tight as even cornflakes made me sick this morning, but im going to perservere with it after being with out restriction for so long with having to get it replaced, hopefully this will kick start my weight loss again.

liz x

i think im a little over tight as even cornflakes made me sick this morning, but im going to perservere with it after being with out restriction for so long with having to get it replaced, hopefully this will kick start my weight loss again.

liz x

goodluck xx i now cant eat bread gona have to stock up on crackers

good luck with it

liz xx

Hi Liz
hope you don't mind me asking - how much weight have you lost with your band? Does it really work and help you eat less? I want to choose the best option but to be honest really don't fancy the bypass op. Having said that - I don't want to be a band failure!!!
Thanks

Hi Liz
hope you don't mind me asking - how much weight have you lost with your band? Does it really work and help you eat less? I want to choose the best option but to be honest really don't fancy the bypass op. Having said that - I don't want to be a band failure!!!
Thanks

hi grom
before my band i was just under 20st, the day of my 1st band op i was 19st 2 i got to my lowest weight in august 2007 which was 12st6, in the 12 months my band wasnt working i regained 2 stone i now currently weigh 14st 6. i personally chose a band as it was the right option for me as i was a volume eater i liked big portions on my meals, and the band has helped me to eat smaller meals and its stopped me eating certain foods altogether such as bread, when i gave up bread completley from my diet the weight seemed to just drop off. bands tend not to work so well for sweet eaters as cakes, sweets ice cream and chocolate will go through a band and some banders turn to that when they get stressed therefore hindering weight loss, you have to decide whats best for you for the type of eater you are.

good luck with your decision

liz x

hi grom
before my band i was just under 20st, the day of my 1st band op i was 19st 2 i got to my lowest weight in august 2007 which was 12st6, in the 12 months my band wasnt working i regained 2 stone i now currently weigh 14st 6. i personally chose a band as it was the right option for me as i was a volume eater i liked big portions on my meals, and the band has helped me to eat smaller meals and its stopped me eating certain foods altogether such as bread, when i gave up bread completley from my diet the weight seemed to just drop off. bands tend not to work so well for sweet eaters as cakes, sweets ice cream and chocolate will go through a band and some banders turn to that when they get stressed therefore hindering weight loss, you have to decide whats best for you for the type of eater you are.

good luck with your decision

liz x

thanks Liz
I'm similar to your starting weight - really helpful info! You look great on your pic. A woman a work has had a bypass but she was over 40 stone and has now lost 18 stone and looks fab. I think a band will help as I am like you in that I like volume. Not a huge choc/cake/sweets person so hopefully a band will work for me.
How come your band didn't work? That must have been very upsetting after all your hard work!

grom the reason my band failed was a manufacture fault 3 years down the line, what happened to me was rare i now have a newer version of the band i had b4 which is made to last longer, yes i was a little upset but i looked at it this way im still 5st lighter then when i started the wls process.

liz xx

im a real sweet toothed person grom and was recommended bypass as i was a few pounds under 25 st on referal but it just wasnt an op i wanted i also ate very large meals and although iv not had band long iv still lost 2 st and am very happy with my choice i think people know whats right for them and good luck

Thanks both - I have a consultation booked with Surgicare and Mr Ammori who seems to get a lot of praise on here - all being well I will get the band done in Jan! I feel the band will help me eductae my eating patterns better than a bypass - and I also feel the bypass is a little drastic for my weight.

Back