• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band to bypass 1 year

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
today nov 5th is my 1 year post op anniversary of my band to bypass convertion, been a long road for me.

band no 1... march 2005
band no 2... august 2008
band to bypass convertion nov 5th 2010

and 2 plastics ops

i like the knife lmao :rolleyes:

soz just wanted to share x

Liz x

Has this been your most successful year Liz? I was looking at your photo album and you have certainly come a long way and are looking lovely :)

Has this been your most successful year Liz?
Hi Jen, thanks for your reply, if im honest then no this isnt my most succesful year, with band no 2 i was at target in 2009, i was very happy then the p/s surgeon cutt through my band in dec 2009, i lived with a broken band till nov 2010 regained 4st in those 12 months, a year on ive only lost 2 of the 4st that was regained, this is partly due to having a larger pouch than a standard bypasser because of 2 lots of band scars, maybe 1 day i can get the other 2 stone off who knows, if not then i cant really complain as im not 20 st plus any more x

I was looking at your photo album and you have certainly come a long way and are looking lovely :)

thanks for your kind comments, im currently a size 14/16 now and was previously a 26/28 x

Well 'they' say the last couple of stone are the hardest.. good luck with the remainder of weight loss, I hope you get to your goal soon.

I can't wait until I get to size 14/16 as I always looked great at this size and had loads of confidence but I bet when or if I get there I will want to go smaller!! I'm currently size 28/30 and it seems like a dream to me to be less than size 20 lol!!

Good luck on your journey xxx

You DO look lovely Liz & have come a very long way ... do you have a crush on your surgeon honey? :eek: 5 surgeries in 6 years, lordy, lol xxx

Congratulations Liz! I've instructed everyone in the north east to celebrate with you tonight! hope you enjoy the fireworks. xxx.

Very interesting to read, Liz, about someone who has chosen to convert from the band to a full bypass.

For me, I have never liked the idea of an odd piece of alien plastic inside me .... but I know everyone is different, and we all find the op that suits us in the end.

Best wishes.

Congratulations Liz, Karen x

Hi Liz :) long time no speak lol,
just wondered if you feel that the bypass was the best thing to do after the band?

:) Hiya Nikki, nice to see you back here, for me a bypass was the correct choice for me.

have you lost weight?

in the year i waited for my convertion i re gained 4st, in the year since my convertion ive re lost 2 of that 4st so im still 2 stone heavier than i was at my lowest with the band, my pouch is biger than a standard bypass patient due to two lots band scars so there for i can eat alot more than a normal new bypasser, my weight is static at the moment, ive had my year review a few weeks back and the surgeon is happy with my progress, but i am not and hes aware of this too.
is it worth it?

even so i still say it was worth it for me as its kept my weight down and i havent gone back to being just over 20st so thats a positive side to my convertion as its now for me more a weight management tool rather than a weight loss tool, if i can lose some more then yes that would be great but if i stay as i am then im also happy, im currently a size 14-16 so i cant complain and im just a average person in the street now so wls has improved my life, i have no regrets even after 3 surgeries x

hope your doing well xxx

im doing ok thanks, i hope your well too and that funding can be sorted soon so you can have the same.

Liz x

Back