• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 year later. Same weight and 8ml in 10ml band

SheWolf

:(Hi everyone. So it's 3 weeks shy of my 1 year anniversary of my band. I've lost no weight since I started eating again (after the liquid & soft foods stage after surgery) I now have 8ml in my 10ml band. I've never been sick, gagged, reflux etc that I read about. Nothing. The only thing that feels any different is bread. I'm constantly upset speaking to my dietician and they just say same thing every time which is that I just haven't got the band at the sweet spot. But last week the nurse told me how she doesn't like to put more than 8ml in!!! So I'm back next Tuesday to get it all out and check that there is actually 8ml in there and she's not been missing the port!! Can anyone relate? I'm so fed up I wish I never had the operation and totally wasted my money.x

I should also say that i have pcos and I think this may also contribute? Please share if you can relate. Thank you x

Hi I'm sorry you have had a tough year. I've got no answers but I hope you get things back on track on Thursday.

Aw that sound wrong, I’m sorry I have no answers or experience of a band but I hope you get sorted soon, I can imagine how you must feel xx

I've had .5ml on my band this week. I'm at 8.7ml now in my 10ml band. Everything still the same. Still feels as though I've not even had any surgery!! It's made me depressed, I've not put on weight. I've not lost. I've had to resort to shakes to try shift some pounds instead. Shouldn't have to after paying thousands for surgery!! I know the band doesn't do all the work.. but to have done absolutely nothing! I'm really down about it. How about you?xx

I've had .5ml on my band this week. I'm at 8.7ml now in my 10ml band. Everything still the same. Still feels as though I've not even had any surgery!! It's made me depressed, I've not put on weight. I've not lost. I've had to resort to shakes to try shift some pounds instead. Shouldn't have to after paying thousands for surgery!! I know the band doesn't do all the work.. but to have done absolutely nothing! I'm really down about it. How about you?xx

So sorry to hear that babe, did you get aftercare cover at all? Did they check to see if there was a leak?

Yeah mines ok babe, struggle with lots ov foods atm xx

What do you mean by after care cover? I got two years adjustment included. Yea I had an appointment to Make sure all was correct amount in my band and was all there.. so since my last 5ml in somthing feels different now and I feel it must be working. For the first time i am feeling fuller quicker. Food is actually like getting stuck which I know isn't a good thing but it's making me slow down my bites and eating less so must be working..I haven't had to do that apart from a day or 2 after an adjustments when I'm swollen. I've got to say tho I'm really annoyed that because I went to a different place this time for my adjustment is the only reason why I had 5ml in.. where I usually go, she only puts 2ml in at a time which means it would have taken me another 3 trips there (which it's a 7hour there and back trip) for me to feel like this is working. And if I would have been having more that only 2ml a time... it would have been working sooner and saving me money on petrol and more importantly my mental health as it's got me so down. 13 months staying the same weight after forking out thousands on surgery and also in the last month Herbalife which isn't cheap!
When did you have surgery, has your journey been plain sailing? And are you happy with your progress? I hope so xx

I know someone who had a band and she too didnt feel full after eating she had it emptied refilled messed around with now after nearly 2 years of no weight loss for last year she has lost 10 stone apparently the band had slipped and wasnt doing its job she was a private patient and spent a fortune on refills bk and forward to hospital despreate for her band which cost thousands to work she like u knew something wasnt right keep telling them u know ur body good luck

Oh no that's really harsh. I got 2 years free adjustments after my surgery, thank god.. I've put in a request for another years free also because of this. Least I deserve I feel. It's a lot of money to pay up for it not to work. I've also had mine emptied. But now I'm at 8.7 it's working. I've lost 7lb since my last adjustment 11days ago. Finally. Woo.
10 stone!! That's so crazy. I hope she's happy. xx
So glad your making progress at last, you must be very happy and relieved xx

Oh no that's really harsh. I got 2 years free adjustments after my surgery, thank god.. I've put in a request for another years free also because of this. Least I deserve I feel. It's a lot of money to pay up for it not to work. I've also had mine emptied. But now I'm at 8.7 it's working. I've lost 7lb since my last adjustment 11days ago. Finally. Woo.

Congrats on the loss.

I've just had my band fitted a week ago today so a bit of a newbie. I hope I don't get the same effects as you. At the moment, I fill very quickly but have no idea what it feels like for food to get stuck?

Yes shes very happy with her new body at long last she so deserved to lose it 7 llb lets hope last adjustment worked it seems to off done something good luck

Well all done on finally getting your band sorted out cracking loss xxx

Back