• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band to Bypass conversion

lusciouslisa

I had a Gastric band fitted last year and due to this not working I am having a Bypass laster in the year (waiting for a date).

I just wondered if there is anyone on here that has also converted from 1 to another ?

This was one of my fears and one of thereasons I'm having a bypass

Hi Lisa i had a band in 2005, i had it replaced for another band in 2008 as i had fill tube probs, i regained 4st and i converted to a bypass in nov 2010 as the plastic surgeon cut through my band, why didnt the band work for you, if thats ok to ask ?
Life for me is so much more normal than when i was banded..... i hope you find it better too, any questions just ask me, also feel free to add me on FB x

Liz x

They cant figure out why the band doesnt work. I could barely eat once a day and I wasnt loosing any weight. The private practice where I had it done didnt really seem interested in finding out why it wasnt working.

Luckily my NHS referral from years ago has just resurfaced and im now on a list for the Bypass, hopefully by year end, fingers crossed.

Im worried in case having the band causes more problems for the bypass really.

Whats your name on FB and Ill friend request you if you dont mind Liz

Thanks

Back