• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band to Sleeve Revision - Help/Info Needed

Tickety Boo

Hi Everyone

I'm fairly new to this site, I read regularly but rarely post.

I'm in the early stages of looking into a revision from a band which I had in 2003 to a sleeve. My band worked fine for the first 2/3 years but then has been nothing but hassel for the past 4 or so years. This began when my port became detached which followed on later with my port eroding out through my skin. I've lost count of the amount of fills and defills I've had (all under x-ray) and still cant get the right restriction either too tight or too loose - no happy medium.

I've been told that my band can be removed on the NHS but I will have to pay privately if I want a revision to a sleeve so I'm off to see my consultant privately next week.

I was wondering if anyone who has had the sleeve or a revision to a sleeve if you could give me some good pointers for questions to ask about the op.

I'd also like to ask you all what sort of recovery did you have eg length and pain etc?

How are you now?

What sort of things can you eat and portion sizes etc?

How was/is your weight loss?

Has anyone had problems with regain?

Are you able to have a social life eg meals out etc somewhere down the line?

I'm sorry for rambling but I'm just desperate for information relating to revision surgery and its complications. I know that if I have the band removed I can't go it alone without a massive weight increase but on the other hand I'm really nervous about another very permanent surgery.

I hope you can help.

I've had the sleeve and have only good things to say about it.

I lost nearly 17 stone in 14 months before I levelled out.

You get dumping etc like you do with a bypass but the level of malabsorption is nowhere near as bad.

In regards to eating. I can manage 2 slices of cheese on toast but this is about the limit. I have gone off most meats but I like them in things like mince. I can drink but not fizzy.

Recovery time. I was in hospital 2 nights and off work for 6 weeks.

Good luck with your revision, i hope it gives you the most fantabulous results it has our very own inspirational Mixxy xx

Back