• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

revision surgery

hi all! has anybody had a band to bypass revision? i've had a band that slipped and had revision surgery to put band back in place its now happened again! i'm fed up! I'm going to see my consultant next week who has said he will not replace my band but will look into sleeve or bypass? any advice would be great :)

That's me :D

Got band, love it. Ports hates me and vice versa.

Revision to bypass in 3 months :eek:

No more flogging a dead horse persevering with it. And I have no patience and want it now :eek:

Hi I had a band fitted in 2008 and it slipped very bad I was under dr ackroyd he took my band out first then had to wait for a year as I was on nhs and when had the band lost quite a bit of weight so was under my bmi but I put weight back on and a year later he did a bypass totally different to the band wish I had it done first
He did say there are more risks but I felt it was worth it
Good luck just explain the pain your in with the slippage
Mark

I had band to bypass all in one go , July 2012, have list 6.5 stone, I'm finding it much easier than the band.
I had my band for 12 years and like urs slipped, and started to tighten on its own, do I couldn't eat and drink for long periods.
Weight loss now is on a loose, stay same for couple of weeks then loose, now I understand this I'm ok with it!.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Carol

Mine slipped

U had my band in 4 years ago. Last year it slipped, it was painfull. I had it removed in June 2012. I am now going back for the sleeve, I feel very positive about this decision and from all the books, blogs, etc that I've read the sleeve seems to be more my style. Good luck with your decision making.

Hi,

I had a band and had 'some problems' with it and eventually it slipped.

I then had it removed and had an RNY by-pass in August last year (2012) and it hasn't worked either !!

For some reason the connection between the small stomach and re-routed intestine stretches beyond compare (the size of a tennis ball) so food just goes straight down :(

If I had to do it again I would ask for a fobi ring around the connection at the same time. In fact I am going to ask for it now as after the by-pass I have already had one operation to tighten it up and it has happened again. ((((( Band May 10, Band removal and RNY By-Pass Aug 2012, tighten up of connection Jan 2013 Now.... Same problem.....)))))

What ever you decide to have done ask them what they will do if something doesn't work properly. Ask about fitting a fobi ring now rather then later.

well consultation didnt go good :( i had my xrays looked at and surgeon said my band has not slipped im just eating the wrong things that make me sick! nooo I've had a slip and i know how it feels and Ive had this band nearly 7 years i know what makes me sick!! anyway he wont do nothing until i give my band another go! so i have 5mls back in and I go back in 6 weeks to see him again!!

well consultation didnt go good :( i had my xrays looked at and surgeon said my band has not slipped im just eating the wrong things that make me sick! nooo I've had a slip and i know how it feels and Ive had this band nearly 7 years i know what makes me sick!! anyway he wont do nothing until i give my band another go! so i have 5mls back in and I go back in 6 weeks to see him again!!

I'm confused :confused: you joined the forum in 2010 hoping for a sleeve, then eventually had a band in June 2011 and had your first fill in Aug 2011. Was this the revision surgery?

You started this thread last week and hadn't posted prior to this since Aug 2011.

Where does the seven years come from, as I said confused . com :confused:

im in a kinda simular situation i dont thinik my bands slipped tho it is acting peculiar if i have a big fill i get such bad reflux i have to defill and a small defill leaves me able to eat anything there no inbetween its odd , but for me it just not working i shoul;d have had bypass to begin i was just too scared , now im in desperate need of bypass

I had to wait but only had the bypass as I had my band removed as it slipped to much and could not be repositioned

Back