• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band to sleeve

kat.30

Hi

Has anyone previously had a band that now has a sleeve ??

I have had 2 bands both failed and lots of complications and eventually removed.

Considering a sleeve but worried about more complications due to having previous WLS

Xxx

Hi kat. I had conversion surgery in November 2014 having had a band - not by choice - in November 2010. I have struggled. I am still trying to get my head around the difference in restriction. I had the band removed and conversion in one op. There was some damage from the band which resulted in a smaller pouch. As you have had the band removed you should now be fully healed which may reduce the risks of complications. I would discuss with the surgeon any concerns you have and let them be clear with you about any risks. Acid reflux is my biggest issue which is why they prefer to do band to bypass conversions but that was not an option for me. I have no regrets about the sleeve - in time I think it will be a good tool for me. It is early days and my slow progress I hope will be best for me long term. Good luck.

TBx

Thanks for reply.

It's just nice to hear from someone who has been through the same and out the other side.

I have booked the sleeve end of march, I'm just nervous about it I think. The band experience was just awful - hospitalised twice etc etc but it's out now and no obvious lasting side effects hence the 4 stone weight gain ha ha ha !!!!

Xxx

Thanks for reply.

It's just nice to hear from someone who has been through the same and out the other side.

I have booked the sleeve end of march, I'm just nervous about it I think. The band experience was just awful - hospitalised twice etc etc but it's out now and no obvious lasting side effects hence the 4 stone weight gain ha ha ha !!!!

Xxx

You have been through a lot. I wish you well for the op and beyond.

TBx

Hi. Just wanted to find out how the procedure was and how you are getting on. I've had a band for 5 yrs. I am having the sleeve done in a months time and I can hardly wait. Pls share your experience if you don't mind.

Seems an old thread but I went band to sleeve in one op 21st January and I like it so far so good good luck where are you having your op done? Xx

Seems an old thread but I went band to sleeve in one op 21st January and I like it so far so good good luck where are you having your op done? Xx
I'm having it done in Prague with beautiful beings. I'm also having my band removed at the same time.

Back